Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interarms PPK Production Dates **Pics added**

After mostly seeing PPK/S', a local shop actually had a like new Interarms produced PPK in Stainless. I think the price is $486 OTD (I already put down a $100). Not sure what it comes with (it did have a pinky extender mag). I still have to wait for it to clear a 20 day "not stolen" hold before I can pick it up.

I was wondering from what years did Interarms produce the PPK? I couldn't find it in the FAQ's.

Thanks.

***Update***

Just picked it up. Looks almost new. Early A serial #. I'm guessing 1986 production.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not an expert, but Interarms didn't do a great job keeping track of dates of manufacture. The best way to find out your date is if you're lucky enough to have a dated test target with your gun. There is a forum on here where people have posted their serial numbers with test target date to give a general idea. All that being said, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along shortly. Also that's a nice price considering the quality. I got mine for $525 with no case or papers, but 1 pinky mag and 2 flat bottom mags. Hope she's a flawless shooter. Had some hammer follow issues with mine out of the gate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not an expert, but Interarms didn't do a great job keeping track of dates of manufacture. The best way to find out your date is if you're lucky enough to have a dated test target with your gun. There is a forum on here where people have posted their serial numbers with test target date to give a general idea. All that being said, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along shortly. Also that's a nice price considering the quality. I got mine for $525 with no case or papers, but 1 pinky mag and 2 flat bottom mags. Hope she's a flawless shooter. Had some hammer follow issues with mine out of the gate.

Thanks.
I'm just trying to figure out when Interarms starting making them in the US (vs. Importing) & when they stopped.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Thanks.
I'm just trying to figure out when Interarms starting making them in the US (vs. Importing) & when they stopped.
Not gonna quote the entirety of the relevant parts of The Book*, but Interarms production, first at Ranger, then at Black Creek, both in Gadsden, Alabama, and both part of Mid South Industries, started in 1979 and ended in 1999.

For more details, see aforementioned book:

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/walther-book-model-1-ppx.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not gonna quote the entirety of the relevant parts of The Book*, but Interarms production, first at Ranger, then at Black Creek, both in Gadsden, Alabama, and both part of Mid South Industries, started in 1979 and ended in 1999.

For more details, see aforementioned book:

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/walther-book-model-1-ppx.html

That's the info. I was looking for. Thanks.

I take it that's the book to own if you're into Walther Pistols?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a stainless interarms walther PPK A0068xx Made in USA on left side of slide, Virginia on right side and has a few stamps in the grip. Does anybody know what they mean or how to date this beauty? For some reason a cannot post a pic but the stamps in the grip are on the left side(safety side of the gun), one looks like a backwards “S” and the other looks like a triangle or possibly an arrow(appears to have a small tail/line on the bottom such as an arrow, would) which is pointing upper left as of towards the front of barrel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts