Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a black hard plastic interarms box for my ppk?

Like this one - http://cdn.armslist.com/images/posts/634475428622352995bvgeaq21.jpg

The one my dad had in the early 90's had that type of box and it was very close in SN to mine. I've been looking around but I can't find one.

Also did the Ranger guns always come in that style box? I believe I've seen different ones (I think later in the Interarms production/late 90's) that were like a whiteish color? I cant remember, Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
E-Bay occasionally has factory plastic pistol boxes now and then, but I don't know how lucky you would be to find the right one.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Rich: My SS PPK/S is about SN# 052xxx & came in a silver soft plastic box, unlike the black box you are referring to.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information

Searcher, Thanks, I have a few of those standard plastic Walther ones which is what I keep my interarms in (when Im not carrying it) and I actually like better than the interarms plastic box, but I just want the interarms one because I guess I have OCD when it comes to gun boxes :D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Hey, I get it, Rich. If you can put it back the way it was originally, it beats everything else that you might be able to muster up. you might want to try posting a WTB advert in the Trading Post. Maybe a member here will answer the call with something that's been tucked away, long since forgotten, in a closet for 25 years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I get it, Rich. If you can put it back the way it was originally, it beats everything else that you might be able to muster up. you might want to try posting a WTB advert in the Trading Post. Maybe a member here will answer the call with something that's been tucked away, long since forgotten, in a closet for 25 years.
Good idea! I think I'll do that now. Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I can promise you guys that if I had tucked a box away in a closet 25-years ago....I would not be able to find it anyway. Hopefully...Rich will find somebody that has fewer brain cells dying of old age on a daily basis.:D

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
The "original PPK (or PPK/S) box" from Alexandria imports and USA manufacturing can be black or blue. I've had the black boxes and now I ended up with a blue box which I think is really SW on Roosevelt:

Part of me hates the fact my box is the SW Roosevelt one but another part of me realizes this handgun was a transition model possibly made by Ranger or some place before Houlton stepped in.

When Houlton stepped in they produced aesthetically appealing Walthers of PP series design with beautiful Walther logos and an extended beavertail. Many like the extended beavertail but I never did and wondered why but that is my own preference.

Houlton recalled many of their makes and I had one that had to be sent back for a safety problem of some sort and instead of sending it back to THEM to figure it out I just sold it and went looking for an older .32 ACP in stainless or blue from Alexandria or Nazi Germany.

I ended up with this one which is not a Houlton but made in the USA which is supposedly a step down from "made in W. Germany" or "Germany."

In retrospect what really matters is to FIND the WORKING Walther PP series in whatever caliber you want and then KEEP IT.

The PP/PPK/or PPK/S in .22 or .32 or .380 that WORKS every time is all you want forget about WHO made it when and where.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a black hard plastic interarms box for my ppk?

Like this one - http://cdn.armslist.com/images/posts/634475428622352995bvgeaq21.jpg

The one my dad had in the early 90's had that type of box and it was very close in SN to mine. I've been looking around but I can't find one.

Also did the Ranger guns always come in that style box? I believe I've seen different ones (I think later in the Interarms production/late 90's) that were like a whiteish color? I cant remember, Thanks for any info.
I have one identical to that one pictured. But, you have to buy the pistol and everything with it... :) Good luck on your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts