Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to beat a dead horse, but yah, that issue. I've read the other threads and understand what commonly causes this issue, but none of me parts look worn out. Really don't want to send my gun into walther for repair. Out of 50 rounds of PMC .380 fmj I had the safety drop on me 4 times and my buddy once. Also the action of the decocker is stiff and gritty feeling. Am I missing something? Stripped the slide down completely and am going to give it a good scrub and oil the springs and the safety action. At least it was accurate. Also got bit once. Now I feel hypocritical for criticizing the ugly beaver tail on the Smith & Wesson.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
It all looks good to me, but you might replace the spring. That's all I did and it fixed mine (and all my parts looked a lot more worn than yours).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just swapped my Manurhin PP safety plunger and extractor spring into the Interarms PPK and wouldn't you know it, that crunchy safety is gone. Glad to know I don't need a new safety drum. A new spring and plunger are in store. Guess these things are pretty picky. Will need to order a new ejector spring as well because a couple times the slide locked back with a few rounds in the magazine. About to check to make sure its installed correctly before I buy anything

·
Registered
360 Posts
A trip back to the mother ship isn’t that bad. I sent mine (mentioned in some of the recent threads) and they replaced the worn parts plus the extractor and springs... and even paid my shipping to and from. And my gun was back to me in a couple weeks too. Just sayin’..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts