Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to determine when it was manufactured and if the this Carl Walther is of value. I am not sure I want to sell it but I need to know more about this import Walther PPK/S. I assume since it is inscribed with “under license of Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/ Do.that is one of the early ones. Cal 9mm kurz/380 APC.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Your gun wasn't imported; it was made of stainless steel in the US. That's why it carries the licence notice. You won't find it on a German PP series gun. Because of the S/N I'd say that your gun was manufactured in 1983.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your gun wasn't imported; it was made of stainless steel in the US. That's why it carries the licence notice. You won't find it on a German PP series gun. Because of the S/N I'd say that your gun was manufactured in 1983.
Wow. Thank you. Is it more rare or plentiful since it was US manufactured? 1983 isn’t ancient but 38 years old. We’re the US firearms more expensive than the imported ones? Thanks, no to find a ballpark estimated value with the original box and magazines

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Is it more rare or plentiful since it was US manufactured?
A stainless steel PPK/S is an American exclusivity. I don't know the American production numbers but most of the American made PPK and PPK/S models were made in stainless and .380 ACP. Therefore it isn't a rare gun. I can't answer the question about the selling prices at that time. I just assume that they didn't differ significantly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts