Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could any Interarms PPK 380 owners offer some input? With the grips removed, I've noticed that the hammer spring enters the grip frame hole (where the grip screw passes through) about 1/4 of the way into the hole; when the hammer is cocked. Uncocked, the hole is clear.
Is it the same on yours?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't taken the grips off mine yet, but I saw a few Youtube videos today where the gun is disassembled and you can see everything.

This guy might have the view you are seeking.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Could any Interarms PPK 380 owners offer some input? With the grips removed, I've noticed that the hammer spring enters the grip frame hole (where the grip screw passes through) about 1/4 of the way into the hole; when the hammer is cocked. Uncocked, the hole is clear.
Is it the same on yours?
Thanks in advance.

That's not the way it should be. Obviously something is dislocated or bent, or the spring is not the correct one.

M

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll put up some pictures of mine after a while. Just back from MD Anderson and moving slow. Teknikks, are you still there?

Sorry, trying to figure out how to get reply notifications.
That would be helpful, thanks!

It doesn't feel like the grip screw is interfering with the spring, but I thought it was risky to come close.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
OK, I will put us so good photos. I take it you would like the grips removed on an Interarms version so that you can see prezackly how the main spring sits. 1917

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I will put us so good photos. I take it you would like the grips removed on an Interarms version so that you can see prezackly how the main spring sits. 1917

Thanks so much. Specifically it's when the hammer is cocked. On mine the spring moves a bit into the space (hole) where the grip screw passes through.

They don't seem to interfere with each other, so if others' are the same I just won't worry about it.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts

I believe this is a 1992 Interarms .380. In the picture above the hammer is down. The spring is seated at the bottom and does not intrude into the hole for the grip screw.

When the hammer is cocked the spring is thrust forward at the top. This does cause the spring to enter into the hole for the grip screw. The cutout for the mainspring actually reaches appx. 1/3 into the grip screw hole. When the hammer is cocked the spring does not appear to be flexed or contorted in much of any manner, it simply tilts forward until the outer edges of the coils press against the frame. In other words, if you were to draw a line down the front edge of the coils to the base of the spring it would be a straight line....but, the top of the spring does get pressed forward. There are no spring marks of any kind on my grip screw. The base of the spring remains seated at all times and there is never any play in the spring even with the hammer down.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for. The grips are still off. Looking into the frame hole for the grip screw you can see that the channel for the mainspring reaches appx 1/3 of the distance into the cut but apparently not enough for the spring to hit the much thinner than the hole diameter screw. 1917

Hammer cocked and looking at it closer, the spring/frame cut is appx 25% into the hole, not 1/3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I believe this is a 1992 Interarms .380. In the picture above the hammer is down. The spring is seated at the bottom and does not intrude into the hole for the grip screw.

When the hammer is cocked the spring is thrust forward at the top. This does cause the spring to enter into the hole for the grip screw. The cutout for the mainspring actually reaches appx. 1/3 into the grip screw hole. When the hammer is cocked the spring does not appear to be flexed or contorted in much of any manner, it simply tilts forward until the outer edges of the coils press against the frame. In other words, if you were to draw a line down the front edge of the coils to the base of the spring it would be a straight line....but, the top of the spring does get pressed forward. There are no spring marks of any kind on my grip screw. The base of the spring remains seated at all times and there is never any play in the spring even with the hammer down.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for. The grips are still off. Looking into the frame hole for the grip screw you can see that the channel for the mainspring reaches appx 1/3 of the distance into the cut but apparently not enough for the spring to hit the much thinner than the hole diameter screw. 1917

YES! Thanks so much; that's exactly what mine does/looks like. I didn't think to examine the screw for contact marks; I can see mine has no wear marks either.
Thank you for eliminating my worry.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
It looks like you are GTG, but if you're really worried about it, put some magic marker on your grip screw, put it all back together, and cycle the hammer a bunch of times.
Welcome aboard,
Moon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts