Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi again. I found a really clean Manurhin PPK in .22 and bought it. It has a 6 digit serial starting with 102***. Would that be a 1954 model? Thanks. King

·
Registered
481 Posts
Providing the full serial number, and preferably a few pictures showing all stampings on the gun, will prevent any guessing.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Manurhin PPK in .32 are very desirable, and often fetch $1,500 and up for nice examples of number-matching examples. This gun was probably imported by IA, hence the importer’s mark on the slide. The grips are probably replacements, unless the Manurhin slide was a replacement for a Walther slide (i.e., the frame and grips are original Walther). As Absalom indicated above, serial number(s), stamps, and photos will reveal the history in short order.

·
Super Moderator
7,312 Posts
Geo', they may well be replacements, but didn't we have a case here where there were transitional models that came with Walther grips? I may be misremembering.
King', looks like a desirable piece to me. Don't be dissuaded by the French business.
Moon

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Dunno about the grips idea, but it wouldn’t surprise me. There are a lot of odd crossovers such as Walther boxes original to a Manurhin, both French and German proofs, and even the short-lived attempt by Interarms to use their “eagle” logo grips in lieu of a proper import mark.

As for anybody potentially being put off by the “French business”, I will default to my own quote in my sig line. Manurhin are every bit as good as Ulm model equivalents, and the early Manurhin bluing was outstanding and IMO superior to Walther’s of the same era.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hopefully a closeup shot of the makings on this 7.65 PPK is attached. The serial number is 115XXX
So it’s a very early Manurhin PPK. Production started in 1954 at serial 100,001, so this one is likely from 1955/56, confirmed by the “St. Etienne” on the proof; the name disappeared later.

That should also mean that the Walther grips can’t be original to this gun, since they were not produced that early.

The PP box has the 1’s on the sticky label written in American style, so the box and gun likely met up here in an Interarms warehouse.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Yeah, a PP instead of a PPK box, very crisp Walther grips, and that IA import marks looks like one of their late versions. Plus, the IA stamp seems awfully “light” and might indicate some refinishing. Still, a nice PPK, if you are into that sort of thing in the wimpy .32 caliber ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The OP said the serial was 115XXX the gunbroke one is 118XXX??

·
Registered
629 Posts
It's the same gun. Just a zoomed in image of one of the pictures. Probably a typo on the OP's part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts