Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m pretty familiar with the worth and value of a lot of models but came across a Stainless Interarms PPK in .32 in case, great condition. Asking $7-750. Frankly, I’ve never even seen one, always looking at the German .32s. What’s the thoughts on the model? thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
IMO, seems a little high but others here can prolly peg the value a little closer than I can. The .32's seem harder to come by so...

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Short answer: yes
Long answer: yes certainly!

Even longer answer: I have made the assumption by "in case" that you mean it has all the goodies, manual, target, extra mag and cleaning rod. If so that if is fair price. Remember it is worth whatever you are will to pay for it.

At that price if it had the goodies I'd add it to my family right now.

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
More than I paid for mine some years ago on Gunbroker, ($450 in 2010) and more than I paid for the PPK/s version across the counter at a gunshop, where it had been languishing...$329 in 2000; everyone wanted a .380.
There aren't apt to be any more, and they are a really sweet pistol to shoot.
Moon
ETA- .32/7.65 isn't in every gunshop, but they are to be found online; Fiocchi and PriviPartisan have a better rep here than domestic brands.
If you have a couple .32s, they are worth reloading.
M

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw the pix. LNIB for real. 1998, target, case, etc. stainless. $700. Strongly considering even though I was looking for a German Blued 32.

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
A buddy has a policy of not letting really nice guns get away...and you will pay a lot more for a minty blued example.
Moon

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I really don’t mind them getting away if I’m not going to use it. This one is so new looking I might not bring it out to use! Guess I prefer shooters overall. But going to look at it later today most likely.

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
Stainless guns aren't impervious to a little use, but they are much more tolerant of firing and handling than blued examples.
Always been a bit of a mystery why Interarms even bothered making .32s here, as the caliber was more popular in Europe.
Anyone know what the actual production was for the two calibers?
Crzy', buy the damned gun! :D
Moon

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m trying to convince myself to make it happen. You have a great question I hope someone can answer - how many of them are there? Hope someone knows.

If I do get it, it’s one I would actually carry sometimes. I wouldn’t let it sit. Thing is, 32 is not my first choice for a defensive round but a PPK is one of my first choices for carry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Stainless guns aren't impervious to a little use, but they are much more tolerant of firing and handling than blued examples.
Always been a bit of a mystery why Interarms even bothered making .32s here, as the caliber was more popular in Europe.
Anyone know what the actual production was for the two calibers?
Crzy', buy the damned gun! :D
Moon

This has been discussed before on the forum. If this doc from the Violence Policy Center is accurate

http://vpc.org/graphics/prod2002.pdf

Only about 5000 .32s , all in 1998 as opposed to nearly 300,000 in .380 .

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried to find the info on that dosument. I don't mind asking the stupid question - where is that info in there? I couldn't find it under the various names I could think of looking under. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
Raf', appreciate the link, tho' hate to see anything from the VPC.
Moon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tried to find the info on that document. I don't mind asking the stupid question - where is that info in there? I couldn't find it under the various names I could think of looking under. Thanks.
I actually miscounted. There are 3 pages , not 2. I missed the Black Creek listing. Looks like 6500 total in .32

Just search for Gadsden AL. Listed under 3 names, all part of MidSouth who produced for InterArms:

Ranger (1980-1988) page 139
EMCO (1989 - 2000) page 53
Black Creek (2000) page 23

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1998 with serial around B0050xx from what I can see FWIW. Don’t like it at $750 but maybe I’ll try for less if it’s really worth getting.

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
If it's any solace, my two have run 100% on factory and reloads.
Moon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Short answer: yes
Long answer: yes certainly!

Even longer answer: I have made the assumption by "in case" that you mean it has all the goodies, manual, target, extra mag and cleaning rod. If so that if is fair price. Remember it is worth whatever you are will to pay for it.

At that price if it had the goodies I'd add it to my family right now.
Yes, it has all the goodies :)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
1998 with serial around B0050xx from what I can see FWIW. Don’t like it at $750 but maybe I’ll try for less if it’s really worth getting.
While it's very much worth getting I don't like the $750 at all. You can find nice German guns for that. Personally I'd like to have one but would be hard pressed to cough up $500-550. Of course it is only money and it is a .32 PPK.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I don't like the $750 at all. You can find nice German guns for that.
Yes but those will all be blue. A stainless PPK in .32 is pretty uncommon. I think that they're rarer than the PPK-L. I've got some nice German guns myself. Now I just need a nice stainless one to join them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You guys with all these variants of a PPK in your collection just kill me. I have never even seen a PPK .32 in person.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts