Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member, first post. I just purchased a LNIB stainless Interarms PPK .32 ACP. Condition is close to 100%, no marks or scratches, spotless inside and out. Both magazines, owners manual, cleaning rod and target with 3 bullet holes. I got it from a dealer that took it in on trade for a larger weapon. I paid $389, is this a fair price for a model no longer in production? It's very well made, just as nice as a much older PPK/S .22 that I've had since the early '80's. The target enclosed in the box looks like it says '98 for the date but it's not very legible. Serial is B005xxx, does '98 sound about right?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide on this gun. Walthers have always been a favorite of mine, not new high tech but a classic design that just looks right...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one with an answer? I did decipher the target and it is 1998. Searching the Internet and some back issues of magazines I have show the SS Interarms Walther PPK in .32 ACP was brought out in 2000. I am sure my target that has the gun serial on it says 1998 so I find this a little strange, unless they made some up early or my research is flawed...

Any data appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I'm aware that Interarms made the PPK long before 2000. The articles I researched indicated that they announced the PPK in .32 ACP in 2000. It said that prior to that they were only available in .380 ACP. That's why I had the question since mine was made in 1998 and yet it's a .32

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, those of you that are devotes of the James Bond Series, he carried a PPK in 7.65mm after M issued him one instead of his beloved Beretta. That was around 1964-5.

So with the import ban on the PPK (thus the existance of the PPK/S) it could be that the gun was manufactured but never, until now, manufactured in this country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.