Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I have quite a love affair with revolvers, but every once in a while, a semi-auto catches my eye.

Today, I stumbled across an Interarms imported P99 in 9x19 that is essentially new in the box. It has the factory target, two magazines, tools, sights, extra grip backs, and the owner's manual.

On several occasions, I have handled the S&W 99 and liked the feel, but have often wondered about having an original "all German" P99, though I have read that all the 9mm P99s are all German.

Would it be safe to say that the one I'm considering picking up is a more desireable version? I believe it is a mid 8000 serial number, and as I stated it looks as though it has never been shot beyond the factory test firing.

I'm looking forward getting to know more people on this forum, and of course, if I pick up the P99, I'll post some pictures when it comes home.

One last question, what would be a fair market value for the P99 in question?

Best regards,

Michael

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Appears to be an early split trigger model. Yes it is desirable...600 is fair if you get if for less you are doing good...if you pay a bit more you are not doing poorly. It is a classic P99 model. All German too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appears to be an early split trigger model. Yes it is desirable...600 is fair if you get if for less you are doing good...if you pay a bit more you are not doing poorly. It is a classic P99 model. All German too.
Thanks for your reply.

The asking is $650 and after paying the fees to do the transfer, it will be close to $700.

I really don't care about a few extra bucks for the right gun, but I just don't like being taken. The seller has agreed to hold it for me until tomorrow.

Even though the gun is LNIB, I would plan on shooting and enjoying it. How well would such a gun hold its value? If I ever decided to move it down the road, would I expect to lose money on it in? Or, like some guns, could I use but not abuse and enjoy it and expect it to keep its value?

Thanks again,

Michael

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
If you plan on firing it, the pistol will depreciate in resale value over time. On the other hand, if you were to hang onto it for collecting purposes, it has some potential to increase in value due to the fact that many Walther collectors like the early P99's that were imported by Interarms. IMHO, use the pistol as a shooter. You will definitely enjoy it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went for it!

I did the paperwork on it on the way home today.

I'll post pics when it's home.

It is serial number 0082xx.

I have been this excited about a semi-auto in over 15 years!

Thanks for encouraging my behavior!

Michael

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats!! I too am a new P99 owner. But I've had a "love affair" with semi-autos most of my adult life. But when I "met" the P99, I said "beautiful, where have you been all my life?!!":D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You guys crack me up with all this excitement stuff...you have to be more stoic like me otherwise these Walthers can become addictive...but not for me, I only own seven...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
congrats on your new P99! You are going to love it. The pistol that I have also has a 008xx serial number. Mine and yours must have been close in the same production batch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

I tried to edit my last post, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to.

What I meant to say is that I have not been this excited about a semi-auto in many years.

It's the truth! I really love the feel of it and am very pleased that it is an Interarms import, split trigger, and one of the early production runs with all the original goodies.

I will post some pics, but that won't be for a couple of weeks.

Best to all,

Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts