Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gentleman local to me asking $800 for a "Nickel" Interarms PPK.

Claims he purchased it Used in early 1970's and its lived in his safe ever since.

Slide has Interarms stamping on it - on the other side, it has Walther Made in Germany.

Serial number is 1705XXS.

Something about this seems fishy to me - I can't find Nickel Interarms on gunbroker that have traded hands, it is sporting some ugly fake mother of pearl grips, and has two blued mags with it. It is also a 380 version - but has a PP book with it in box that states 7.65MM, not a PPK book that states 9mm kurz?

It has an Eagle N proof mark on the barrel & slide 73, and what appears to be an antler next to it?

Could this be a legit factory gun? Is it worth the money?

Please don't flame me - I'm 95% certain that this is somebodies hack job - I just want to verify.

Premium Member
Are you sure that it's a PPK and not a PP or PPK/S ? The PPK was banned from import in 1968. Pictures would help a great deal.

Registered
I wouldn't pay $800. It's a PPK/S not a PPK. It appears to be aftermarket chromed/nickel. The mag base with the finger hook is not original. You didn't show the box tag so hard to tell if it's original to the gun. The test target is correct.

Premium Member
It looks like its got a Triple K magazine. If there's a label on the box I'd like a picture of it.

Registered
I'm pretty sure if you look around a bit you can find a like new PPK/S stainless steel Interarms .380, with box for $500. In fact you can find a beautifully blued Manurhin model for the same price. If you look around a bit. 1917

1 - 7 of 7 Posts