Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, I have been attempting to unsuccessfully date a Walther PP .380 caliber imported from W. Germany by Interarms that appears unfired. The serial number is 716xxA. No markings on exposed portion of barrel by ejection port. It does have a small, lightly struck antlers proof. Any help would be appreciated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gentlemen, I have been attempting to unsuccessfully date a Walther PP .380 caliber imported from W. Germany by Interarms that appears unfired. The serial number is 716xxA. No markings on exposed portion of barrel by ejection port. It does have a small, lightly struck antlers proof. Any help would be appreciated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I now believe this pistol was manufactured in 1982 based on the letters by the antlers proof mark. There are no markings stamped on the exposed portion of the barrel at the ejection port as displayed in the photo above. The antlers proof is stamped in the frame just below this area.

Registered
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Premium Member
There are no markings stamped on the exposed portion of the barrel at the ejection port as displayed in the photo above. The antlers proof is stamped in the frame just below this area.
That's where any commercial Walther PP series guns have their proof house markings and date code since 1977/1978. When Walther started stamping these markings in 1961, the spot was also on the frame, but higher up so that the markings could be seen through the ejection port.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts