Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if according to - Walther PP & PPK postwar production copy.pdf - if this was truly made between 1964 and 1965? Looking at many pictures I have not seen similar markings on other pistols. The pistol is on poor shape in my opinion, though shoots every time. I have owned this pistol for about 10 years. Any knowledgeable information is very appreciated. Condition, Rating, Value, Year, Origin?
Walther_Left.jpg
Walther_Left_Frame_Grip.jpg
Walther_Left_Slide_Frame.jpg
Walther_Right.jpg
Walther_Right_Barrel_Frame.jpg
Walther_Right_Frame_Grip.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
It is an Ulm made PP police turn in proofed in 1965 (Ulm staghorn on frame through ejector port along with 65 date of proof test). Proof test and date of manufacture are almost always the same year as there is like lag between them.

I can't make out the shield denoting which police force the weapon belonged to but it doesn't seem to be crossed out which is usually the case with weapons that have been turned in.
If you can take a picture of the shield itself we can give you more information. That Shield almost looks like the Berlin Police Stamp (but I don't know if they were issued their own weapons). It also could be Hesse, the image is hard to make out. It was imported by InterArms as you can see on the frame.
It was certainly poorly stored, maybe in a leather holster. Check the function carefully before you shoot it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the quick response. Obviously both of you are very knowledgeable with Walther lineage. Leather holster was right on, pictures provided of holster provided when the pistol was purchased. I hope the shield came through clearly enough.
I have had this pistol for over 13 years with several rounds shot. This was the pistol used for my CCW test. Last question, what would the value be if you had to suggest one?

Thank both of you once again!

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Good clear shot of that lion in the state “Wappen”. Hessen frequently sold their police pistols without striking out the property mark. But even if, only Hessen stamped a shield with a crennelated top in that location, so it’s easy to nail down even if defaced. Some larger Hessian cities will have a letter added underneath, like F for Frankfurt.

As for value, these are interesting but not rare, and the quite horrible exterior condition really drags down any value. German police surplus PPs are usually found in excellent condition. I’d be surprised if anyone would put more than 200-300 on it.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Yes, it is definitely Hessen and because of the poor condition I'd say A is in the correct ball park on value. $200 to $300 would be the right price.

However in terms of quality shooting your PP (assuming the internals are in good condition) is priceless. It will be exceptionally accurate and should function quite well. These weapons are a joy to shoot and one usually runs out of ammo before one runs out of the inclination to shoot the weapon.
They are also one of those weapons folks what to "check out" (yes even the ones that are worse for wear).
Enjoy your PP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you both for your time and wealth of knowledge. I was also ball parking that value.
Thank both of you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts