Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that I need an Interarms stainless PPK in .32 acp. Before I start my search, can anyone give me an idea of what a reasonable price should be?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
goooood luck....
I have not looked in the last few months... but i had looked for good 6 months before and only seen one sell on Gunbroker in all that time.... these suckers are either keepers or just not around much, whichever it is they don't come up for sale often....
the link below is to the post I made when that .32 PPK was on Gunbroker..... I am not sure anymore for what money it went for but it was less then what I was expecting.... sorry the gunbroker link is no good anymore, they removed it due to age

http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4072

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought mine from a local shop for $500. It was a local trade-in - excellent condition.

Having said that, I'm not sure what that will get you. This was a target of opportunity buy - they didn't have another.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I purchased a mint used Interarms stainless .32 ACP PPK two years ago at a Gander Mountain store. I paid $389 for it. I bought it as soon as I saw it and handled it. I told the clerk that the .32 PPK was rare and he said they priced it to sell because most people didn't want a .32 these days. It had been traded in for a larger caliber. Mine was manufactured in 1998 and came with all the paperwork, target, manual, box and extra magazine. It looked like it had never been fired or carried.

I think I just lucked out.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, it's been fired a few times - otherwise the target which came with it is a demonstration of some tech's accuracy with a sharp pencil. ;)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think you wil like the .32 alot.

I could never shoot a PPK in .380 without getting my hand chewed up. No problem with the .32 PPK!!

The .380 works best for me in the heavier PPK/S and PP.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, it's been fired a few times - otherwise the target which came with it is a demonstration of some tech's accuracy with a sharp pencil. ;)
Of course it had been fired. I said "Looked Like", meaning it was perfectly clean and without a mark or scratch on it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
That one looks just like mine and the serial is so close to mine they might have been made on the same day!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
and it was a fair price too :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I may be mis-informed on this, but I thought Interarms imported some German-made PPK's and, later, farmed out the actual manufacture to others in the U. S. under their (Interams) agreement/license with Walther. Didn't know that Interarms actually manufactured PPK's. Can someone clarify for me?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When Walther Gmbh stopped producing the PPK/S they licensed Interarms to do so. Interarms had the pistols made by a company in Alabama under their supervision and quality control. Subsequently, they started producing the PPK. Today, Ruger makes the frames for Smith & Wesson. Smith & Wesson manufactures the slides and does the final asssembly. Too bad they don't start manufacturing the PP.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
When Walther Gmbh stopped producing the PPK/S they licensed Interarms to do so.
This is almost correct......
Walther produced the PP and PPK and once the '68 GCA came in play they made the PPK/S just for the American market....(first ones were made in France in 1968 by Manhurin)
the PPK still could be imported on a LEO letter... there is currently one of these on Gunbroker.....
Interarms production of the PPK/S went for some years side by side with the importation of the Walther made PPK/S ....the license agreement started in 1979 .... my Interarms catalogs are not complete, but the last catalog the German PPK/S's are listed in, is 1986 which marked the 100 year Walther anniversary and they had alot of silver and gold engraved presentation models. The last PPK/S was made by Walther in 1989.... but like I said I don't have all years of Interarms catalogs .... so I am not sure if they were imported till '89

The ones made by/for Interarms were indeed made by Ranger Mfg. CO. located in Alabama.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts