Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I searched the forum for an answer and found lots of good information, but, none answered my question.
I need to replace a slide on a S&W PPK .380 (2005). I'm seeing sales for PPK/PPKs slides and barrels. Are the slides interchangeable and or barrels?

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
I would think you could but you would need a PPK Smith slide for a Smith PPK, not a PPK/S or other manufacturer's slide. Barrels can be removed and swapped but again... you probably need to stick with a Smith barrel for a Smith pistol. Give em a call and ask. There is likely more to it like the decocking lever might needed to be fitted to make a new slide function properly with a different frame. Ft Smith might be able to answer the same question. 1917

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think you could but you would need a PPK Smith slide for a Smith PPK, not a PPK/S or other manufacturer's slide. Barrels can be removed and swapped but again... you probably need to stick with a Smith barrel for a Smith pistol. Give em a call and ask. There is likely more to it like the decocking lever might needed to be fitted to make a new slide function properly with a different frame. Ft Smith might be able to answer the same question. 1917
Thanks for your reply. It just happens since my posting, I've located a S&W PPK slide kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts