Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a PK380 with the factory integrated laser. Unfortunately, it came with no manual -- and no batteries for the laser. I called Walther and they said that it takes two LR44 batteries. Can anyone verify that this is the correct battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the information. So, I went to the battery store and bought the A76 battery which is supposed to be the same as the LR44. It's too wide. Arrggghhhh.

I'm betting that the LR44 is for the "big" laser which is the most common. The smaller "integrated" laser seems to be a smaller number in production -- and uses a different battery/batteries.

My pistol is the sixth picture down. The most common laser is shown in the fourth picture down.

https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/pk380/

So, the model no for my pistol is 5050320 and the model no for the laser is IK-291942. It appears that this laser takes the CR123A. I guess I'm stopping by the battery store tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I was unaware that there even was a PK380 with an integral laser. When I first read the post I assumed it was about the rail mounted unit like on my P22 which uses two 357/303 batteries. I downloaded a pdf of the PK380 manual but there is no mention of the integral laser.

I would be surprised if it uses CR123's as those are quite large. I don't see where they would fit. Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called Walther support again and gave them the model number of the laser. I was told 2 X 393's should work. We're getting closer. I returned the A76 batteries and bought the 393's but, guess what, while they're the right diameter, there's too much slop in the battery chamber. I'm guessing that it's supposed to take 3 X or even 4 X 393.

Now that I'm looking at the unit as a whole, the battery cover is painted on the inside and doesn't look like it would make a very good ground. I'm going to need to take a closer look inside. There should be some kind of contact between the outside/bottom of the bottom batter and one more on the top of the top battery in order to establish the series connection.

Sigh. I guess another trip to the battery store is in order.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely holds 3 X 393. The laser still isn't working. Trying Walther Customer Service (email instead of phone). Maybe they can find a manual for this beast.
I know your last note if over 2 year
Definitely holds 3 X 393. The laser still isn't working. Trying Walther Customer Service (email instead of phone). Maybe they can find a manual for this beast.
I know your last entry is over 2 years old. What did you find out? I have the exact same issue. I bought a used 380w the integrated laser that does not work with three new 393 batteries.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know your last note if over 2 year
I know your last entry is over 2 years old. What did you find out? I have the exact same issue. I bought a used 380w the integrated laser that does not work with three new 393 batteries.
Roni did you ever find anything out about this? I have one I bought new several years ago and I’m having the issues. Just put 3 - 393 batteries in it and nothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Roni did you ever find anything out about this? I have one I bought new several years ago and I’m having the issues. Just put 3 - 393 batteries in it and nothing.
FYI, I called Walther back in November, they had me ship the gun to them back east and they installed a new bottom without the laser in it(they do not make anymore) and then also sent me a new mountable laser. I have fired it since and it works great. I basically have a half new PK380. The barrel and slide are the same. It did take a few weeks and you have to ship it there, but they ship it back to you. The only thing I paid for was the shipping. I would try that route.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.