Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....being an instinctive shooter at heart (messrs Sykes Fairbairn Applegate style) the way a pistol points is paramount to me. My all time favourite pointing pistol is the Sig 232 with the superb Nill grips fitted. Those of you lucky enough to own a PPS already and practice instinctive shooting can you let me know how it points...... I am concerned the apparent lack of palm swell will affect its suitability. Also what is the grip/bore angle like and the distance between backstrap and trigger reach for you instinctive shooters out there - alas falling in numbers all the time. Clarke

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great idea for a thread!

I too have read Fairbairn & Sykes, pretty interesting stuff and probably as valid today as it ever was.

The range where I shoot doesn't really allow for instinctive shooting, so I too would love to hear from anyone who has the ability to use that method and the results with the PPS or any other Walther.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
how do they not allow instinctive shooting?
I assume he means that some ranges don't allow for things like, quick draw, hip shooting, point shooting, ect...some ranges only allow sighted, slow to moderate fire shooting, for safety/legal reasons...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ranges that keep instinctive shooting alive....

I have been lucky enough not only to be taught the "shooting to live" syllabus but also practice it at a range in North Carolina called Trigger Time. My instructor was a nephew of an wwII SOE agent who passed on the skill. I realise many ranges will not allow the full spectrum of instinctive shooting practices - shame as there is a diminishing number of people keeping it alive. Clarke

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I assume he means that some ranges don't allow for things like, quick draw, hip shooting, point shooting, ect...some ranges only allow sighted, slow to moderate fire shooting, for safety/legal reasons...
You nailed it Jake!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not like a 4" revolver or a P7 but quicker to point than a Glock.
In speed shooting Glocks tend to string vertically. PPS doesn't.

Skinny grip may wiggle a bit with quick presentation but I still get good split times from holster to point using " metal on meat" method.

Lou Alessi has assured me that he will produce a OWB pancake style for the PPS as soon as he receives the aluminum mold. I assume that it will be identical to the one he does for the MK series of Kahr. It's a great holster and will maximize the shape of the PPS to achieve comfortable carry and quick presentation
Jim

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's a good question, Mr Clarke, especially considering the intended primary use of this pistol. I've been carrying a Glock for so long. If it points like a glock, I'm good to go. ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
:eek:
That is the last thing I would have guessed
Yeah, I get that from time to time. :D

I love my SIGs. The older, folded slide pistols, fully assembled and proofed in Germany, are some of the finest fighting handguns ever made. I would carry a SIG with no hesitation, most likely a 225 if I was forced to choose (yes, I would choose it over the 239- another surprise).
But the Glock 19 is hard to argue with. I'd go down the laundry list of things that make it a superb CCW piece, but it's nothing that hasn't already been said many times by others.

Glocks are like shovels to me. I don't worry about how they look. I just like the way they do what they're designed for, and very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts