Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Walther P5 for almost a year now. I haven't had as many hours on the firing range as I've wanted, but it has yet to give me any reliability problems (probably partly because I break it down and clean/lubricate/Strike-Hold it once every two weeks when it is unfired for long periods of time).

I just purchased a Sig P229, and I read in the manual that all handguns should be given an annual inspection by a qualified gunsmith or armorer to see if there is any need for adjustment or repair, even if the pistol seems to be working well.

Can anyone recommend any gunsmiths or armorers in the Northern or Central New Jersey area who are qualified or authorized to perform inspections on Walther pistols?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
WOW....
If I was you, I would drive to MA and take it to Earl's repairshop.....
but that's just me!! I am a authorized, qualified and certified Walther nut....

Honestly, Earl's is the only cerified Walther reapair center that I know of.... besides S&W's Waltheramerica... but I have my doubts that they will inspect your P5......
If this is too far to travel call Earl's or Waltheramerica and see if they can make a recomendation to you ......
Waltheramerica also has a dealer locator on their website.... look up the dealers in your area, call them and ask if they will be able to inspect the P5 for you.....

http://www.carlwalther.com/page2.htm
http://www.waltheramerica.com/dealers.cfm

·
Patron
212 Posts
I'm a self-employed gunsmith. I'm a certified Glock armorer for my S.O. (puke!) and in my opinion that advice you read in your SiG manual would be good advice if you were shooting regularly (as in OFTEN) or if you actually noticed some form of a problem. Based on your post I would say you don't need to take your pistol anywhere yet. ;) If I had a customer aproach me with your request I would think he was being a tad paranoid. I'm sure your P5 is just FINE. :rolleyes:

That's my 2 centavos anyway. :cool:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Taking your pistol to the shop every year is just a crazy waste of money! Don't worry about it. Nobody does that.

And I can only imagine what Earl's would charge for such a service. They may be good but they charge Cadillac prices.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Earl would probably prefer to be known for charging Mercedes or BMW prices...vs Cadillac...

Best, Jon;)
hehehehehe
I have to agree with you..... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts