Walther Forums banner

How many bullets have you shot before servicing? Multiple choice for those with 2 PPX

• 251 to 500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 751 to 1,000

• 1,001 to 1,250

• 2,001 to 3,500

• 3,501 to 6,000

• 6,001 to 10,000 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

So I've fired 1050 rounds through my PPX since late February and I think it's time I ought to learn to inspect my gun, since it's for self-defense. If anyone has any advice or YouTube links or anything that can help teach a newbie with guns (like the PPX) what's what with wear n' tear or age or parts that may be approaching failure then I'd be very appreciative to learn these things.

Lastly, my poll! How many rounds have you fired with your PPX before the first major malfunction or true recurring failure? (not counting issues like cheap bullets FTE/FTL/FTF as the PPX can be picky with ammo types some say. Mine jams every bullet with steel case ammo for example). I've heard of PPX's going several thousand rounds before even a single major issue occurs, and many more thousands before servicing. I wonder how much of this is true or just a few lucky people.

Thanks guys!
Don't answer the poll if you have never serviced your PPX :D

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
1050 rounds through any decent handgun of modern manufacturing is barely broken in. You're a loooooooong way off needing to worry about wear and tear. Case in point, I changed the recoil springs and magazine spring on my 1942 Walther P.38 some time in 2002 and it's working as good as new, after definitely more than a mere 21 boxes of ammo. Dunno how many rounds the previous owners fired through it.

1050 rounds might be EOL for a Raven, Jennings, Lorcin, crap of that kind, but not for your PPX. But even my Kel-Tec P11 lasted 20 years and thousands of rounds without failure, until I got good and bored with it. Still looked good though!

Now my hundred years old Mauser C-96, that one's a basket case. Time flies when you're having fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's awesome. Is the PPX known to actually go 10,000+ rounds? I've heard of it but don't know if this is common or just those few people posting their great luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all,

So I've fired 1050 rounds through my PPX since late February and I think it's time I ought to learn to inspect my gun, since it's for self-defense. If anyone has any advice or YouTube links or anything that can help teach a newbie with guns (like the PPX) what's what with wear n' tear or age or parts that may be approaching failure then I'd be very appreciative to learn these things.

Lastly, my poll! How many rounds have you fired with your PPX before the first major malfunction or true recurring failure? (not counting issues like cheap bullets FTE/FTL/FTF as the PPX can be picky with ammo types some say. Mine jams every bullet with steel case ammo for example). I've heard of PPX's going several thousand rounds before even a single major issue occurs, and many more thousands before servicing. I wonder how much of this is true or just a few lucky people.

Thanks guys!
Don't answer the poll if you have never serviced your PPX :D
Here's a Hickok45 video you may like:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Up to 2000 rounds with my PPX. G2G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts