1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I own one, and previously owned another that now lives with another member of the WF. This price is crazy, IMO, no matter how much you might want to own such a unicorn (in the USA, anyway).

I saw that. I wanted the gun but not that bad.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Likewise, I would have bid on this one it if it was a “reasonable” price, but i quit considering it at around $1,000. The P230 is a great pistol, and one chambered in a 9 mm Police/9x18 Ultra is very seldom seen in the US, but damn...

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Likewise, I would have bid on this one it if it was a “reasonable” price, but i quit considering it at around $1,000. The P230 is a great pistol, and one chambered in a 9 mm Police/9x18 Ultra is very seldom seen in the US, but damn...
That's where I was. Somewhere around a grand plus or minus a bit was my thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
The P230 is a good example that demand and supply have a decisive influence on the price. In my region I can easily buy two or three P230s in 9mm Ultra for the price of one single Fort Smith PPK.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
The P230 is a good example that demand and supply have a decisive influence on the price. In my region I can easily buy two or three P230s in 9mm Ultra for the price of one single Fort Smith PPK.
Good observation Balogh.

Where are you located? I'm assuming somewhere in Europe where the P230 in 9mm Ultra was once an issued sidearm???

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Where are you located? I'm assuming somewhere in Europe where the P230 in 9mm Ultra was once an issued sidearm???
You're right. It's Switzerland. The P230 in 9mm Ultra/Police was used by various police forces but it wasn't popular anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
$2,272.42. Well, there goes that dream. I probably would have only shot it once or twice anyway. At least the import mark was well done.

·
Super Moderator
3,880 Posts
I picked up a stainless P230 in excellent condition a while back. This post made me go look at the safe queen, but alas, it's only chambered in 9mm Kurtz (i.e. .380 ACP).

I've been contemplating selling it given the recent spike in gun demand and the paltry supply flow. 2k would have been nice. Wonder what it's worth...

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
Had a P230 in .380, and felt it had the same sort of recoil as a PPK in that caliber; have to believe one in 9 Police wouldn't be much fun. Is the frame still alloy on the 9 Police?
Currently have a .32 that was an overrun for the Japanese police, beautifully made and a doll baby to shoot. It has a decocker and a manual safety.
Moon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had a P230 in .380, and felt it had the same sort of recoil as a PPK in that caliber; have to believe one in 9 Police wouldn't be much fun.
I had a PPK and a P230 in .380 and I agree completely. 9mm is definitely pushing the boundaries of a blowback design This is why most blowback pistols are chambered for small-caliber, low pressure cartridges. For a blowback gun to work with higher pressure cartridges the slide has to be huge (and ugly)

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Had a P230 in .380, and felt it had the same sort of recoil as a PPK in that caliber; have to believe one in 9 Police wouldn't be much fun. Is the frame still alloy on the 9 Police?
Currently have a .32 that was an overrun for the Japanese police, beautifully made and a doll baby to shoot. It has a decocker and a manual safety.
Moon
I have three of the four production pistols that were chambered for 9mm Police. The PP Super is definitely the superior shooter compared to the SIG and Mauser Renato. GeoNole94 will have to report on how the Benelli performs, because, unlike Steve, I don’t have that one.

I have one of those .32 P230s as well. After I removed the lanyard loop (I’m left handed) it is an excellent performer, as good as any other .32 in my collection.

-gonzo

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
As most of you probably already know there is a P230 in .32 on GB right now.
And it’s one of the Tokyo police contract over-runs. And it looks good, too. And right now it is a steal. Let’s see what 13 hours of bidding reveals.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
Went looking for the Japanese P230 on Gunbroker; no luck. Anyone know what it went for?
Moon

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do your search using the “advanced” option for completed auctions to see sold items. Here you go: GunBroker.com - Login

·
Super Moderator
7,281 Posts
Thanks, Geo'. I see the price, tho' it was a case of 'asking' but not 'getting'. :)
Moon

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
That was more than I expected. But I’ll hang onto mine for now.

Did they ever import a standard P230 in .32? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. Everybody seems all hopped up on .380s

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven’t seen any but the Tokyo Police version, but you are the .32 expert around here (y)
Likewise, I have never seen a Sphinx AT-32, only the .380 version. Guess it is the usual American belief that bigger is better. TWSS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts