Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and don't know much about these pistols. Recently I inherited what I believe is an old walther PP 7.65mm. The box itself says Walther PP CAL. 7.65mm SERIAN-NR 700861. The side of the pistol says Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do Made in W Germany. I was unable to find any other numbers on the pistol. I was hoping someone who has a little more knowledge on them might be able to help me in finding out the history on this pistol and maybe how much value it may have.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Recently I inherited what I believe is an old walther PP 7.65mm. The box itself says Walther PP CAL. 7.65mm SERIAN-NR 700861.
On the basis of the serial number one would have to come to the conclusion that exactly the opposite is the case. With such a serial number such a PP would be relatively young (last manufacturing era, entirely German made, probably 1986).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Code:
On the basis of the serial number one would have to come to the conclusion that exactly the opposite is the case. With such a serial number such a PP would be relatively young (last manufacturing era, entirely German made, probably 1986).

Yeah but I keep hearing folk call stuff made in the 1980s as vintage. Like some of my clothes.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I work on "vintage" cars for a living. I get this call, more or less, all the time... "I have this antique car that I can't make run right, can I bring it over?"
And they show up with a 1972 Ford/Chevy/Dodge sedan... My mind just sinks... Not another boring new car...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Could very well be possible, only reason I assumed it was old was because I was under the impression they quite making them in 7.65 a long time ago, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Could very well be possible, only reason I assumed it was old was because I was under the impression they quite making them in 7.65 a long time ago, I could be wrong though.

IIRC Walther stopped making the 32acp version in 2013 so about 6 years ago. I still see NIB ones coming up for sale pretty regularly but my hand and the PPK just don't play well together.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm so so sorry. ;)

I know. But the PP is very mannerly and certainly fit to be in polite company so it gets to play quite often. Has a strange French accent though. Must have stayed on in France after VE day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the forum and was hoping for some help. I have a PP chambered in 9mm kurtz. s/n 702494. it is stainless steel and has the eagle over N markings. Also has CIA import marks. I was hoping to find out year produced and is the SS rare?
Cheers,

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am new to the forum and was hoping for some help. I have a PP chambered in 9mm kurtz. s/n 702494. it is stainless steel and has the eagle over N markings. Also has CIA import marks. I was hoping to find out year produced and is the SS rare?
Cheers,

Can't help with a date but Welcome Home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts