A good friend of mine passed away earlier this year
His wife contacted me and said he would like for me to have some of his guns

Collection included:
Ruger Single Six
Taurus 357

H&K 91 .308, bipod, clamp on scope mount

and

Waffenfabrik Walther. Zella Mehlis Thurigen, SportModel
single shot, iron sights with a plastic muzzle protector (first time seeing one)

I've searched a few sites but all were related to another model with a groove
in the forearm. This one has heavy , checkered forearm and an recessed/relief just in front of the trigger guard

If any of you know anything about this model I'd appreciate any info on
manufacturing / history / value

first time posting
I'll take some pics and see if I can upload

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome to the Walther Forum. The rifle forum is the next one down. Perhaps the Moderator can relocate this post.

From your brief description, it appears you have one of the three Walther .22 rifles designed for sport shooting in Germany in the 1930s. I have attached an image of one of their brochures illustrating the three models. You wrote yours has a checkered forearm which is a characteristic of the later two models. But I was unsure of your description of the "recessed/relief just in front of the trigger guard"? The Meisterbuchse has the large checkered forearm and the relief in front of the trigger guard. Is this the model?

And please, show us the plastic muzzel cap.

Attachments

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the Walther Forum. The rifle forum is the next one down. Perhaps the Moderator can relocate this post.

From your brief description, it appears you have one of the three Walther .22 rifles designed for sport shooting in Germany in the 1930s. I have attached an image of one of their brochures illustrating the three models. You wrote yours has a checkered forearm which is a characteristic of the later two models. But I was unsure of your description of the "recessed/relief just in front of the trigger guard"? The Meisterbuchse has the large checkered forearm and the relief in front of the trigger guard. Is this the model?

And please, show us the plastic muzzel cap.
thank you, it is the third one from the pic

·
Registered
826 Posts
This is the muzzle cap

Okay. Is the muzzle cap marked with the Walther banner on the front? Looks to be a neat accessory. Here is a view of another Meisterbuchse with Olympia Stock that sold on on-line auction. Value can run from $500 to $1000 IMO depending on condition. The Walther sport shooting rifles don't have the attraction of the trainers they produced that were used by various formations of the NSDAP. Would you mind sharing the serial number for our data base.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the muzzle cap

Okay. Is the muzzle cap marked with the Walther banner on the front? Looks to be a neat accessory. Here is a view of another Meisterbuchse with Olympia Stock that sold on on-line auction. Value can run from $500 to $1000 IMO depending on condition. The Walther sport shooting rifles don't have the attraction of the trainers they produced that were used by various formations of the NSDAP. Would you mind sharing the serial number for our data base.
I don’t mind sharing the serial number.

It might be Tuesday before I am back in town

I will get #sn

Thanks for the info you ve shared

1 - 11 of 11 Posts