Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Walther Model 3 appears to be a mystery gun on the web. I can only find two sites that mention it. One is Cruffler.com and the other is a Walther importer which is not answering his phone.

One description and pic shows no front sight. Mine has one.

Does anyone know where I can find information, magazines, values, etc, about this gun?

Its serial # 25287.
It has some surface rust spotting and some dirt. The action dry fires.

I'm just trying to find out more about this thing. I do know that only about 3500 were made.

Can anyone help

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Check here for parts:

Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

Numrich is always a great starting point for parts. You may not find a lot of sources for Modell 3 parts, however; they didn't make a lot of them, and you don't see a lot of them offered for sale, either. Modell 4s and Modell 8s are far more common.

You might want to invest in Dieter Marschall's "Walther Pistols Models 1 Through P99," available from Ucross Books in Los Alamos, NM. It's under $20 and can be found online. There's a page on the Modell 3 that will fill in the blanks, no doubt. FWIW, the Modell 3 was made from 1910 to 1913; the serial range was 11,000 to approximately 35,000.

How about posting a photo or two?

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...10404-tips-shooting-posting-great-photos.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
picture of model 3

I'm going to try. I'm one of those 20th century types though, so I can't promise anything.

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
You might want to send Randy Bessler an email at his Collector Firearms site in Carson City. He might just have one. Hard to say what the price would be, but as you don't often see them advertised (as you might the Modells 4 and 8, and even the Modell 9), it likely will cost a bit. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
You might be right about that. I'll tell you one thing: I'd love to own one -- but you never, ever, see them advertised for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts