Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on the P22? Is it good, bad, in between? I have read many reviews online that said it is very picky about ammo and if you use the wrong kind it tends to jam.... a lot, like 2 or 3 rounds per magazine. I have found a supplier that sells the P22 short barrel for $218 and at this price I am seriously thinking of purchasing one. Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience with the P22.
Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The main problem with the P22 was the magazine. If the P22 you are purchasing has an "A" at the end of the partnumber on the side of the magazine, you shouldn't have any problems. However, I have heard that some have had to shoot high velocity ammo through their P22's before it would accept stuff like the red boxed American Eagle stuff.

My P22 performs well with the newer magazines. And I did have to pump higher velocity ammo through it for a while, but I had the older magazines also, so I don't know if the main problem was the magazines, or the ammo. A lot of times it will also perform well with the older magazines now, but they still give me fits now and then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
p88 is right. Once I traded my original magazine for the newer ones with the letter A on them all my feeding problems stopped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a P22 about 3 months ago and have since put 600 rounds through it without a single problem. No failure to feed, failure to fire, or failure to eject. I've used the same ammo since day one, CCI Mini Mag. I have no reason to switch to a different ammo, if it ain't broke..........

Paul Sexton
Princeton,WV

·
Registered
263 Posts
joegerardi,
The best prices I've found are at gunshows. I see the P22 with the regular barrel for $220 quite often. One time I saw it as low as $205 NIB at a gunshow here in VA.
Retail, the best price I have seen is around $240

-Yoshi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts