Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am hoping that someone may save me some time trying to find out the background on a Walther PPK my husband recieved from a friend as payment for some work he did for him. The gun itself is in poor condition and looks like it’s been spray painted but before he any time or money trying to restore it I would really like to find out if it would be worth the effort. I know very little when it comes to guns which makes trying to find out anything about this gun difficult and have also found out that there isn’t a serial number database either. If anyone by chance has some extra time on their hands and would like share anything they may know about this gun, I would truly appreciate it.

The serial number on the gun is: 386878K and the Model is: PPK. The Walther name is in a banner on the handrail and handgrip. There is also text on the handrail across the centered along the bottom of it but it’s been worn down and I’m unable to tell exactly what it says. On the opposite side of the handrail there’s what appears to be maybe an eagle to the left of the seriel number, this is also worn down and hard to make out.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Answers to Vandal320's Questions

I attached a picture of the left side of the slide but I know it's hard to make out what it says because of how wore down the writing is on the left hand side of the slide is as far as I am able to tell it does not say "Zella-Mehlis(Thur)." I am able to make out that the first two words of the first line start with the letter "w" and on the second line of the first and second words are "Wathers" & "Patent," then I believe it says "Cal. 7.65 m/m." On the far right almost centered between those two lines it has "Mod PPK."

My husband said that the magazine holds 7 bullets, I'm not sure if that gives you any further useful information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts