Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who carry your P99 as a CCW. In what mode do you keep it? Do you A) depress the decocker after loading, or do you B) just load, chamber a round, and leave her in the long stoke-single-action mode? Do you think that option B safe for daily carry?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use to carry in AS mode during certain protection assignments, but as of late I only carry decocked. I think decocked is safer, but carrying in AS is the equivalent of carrying a Glock trigger, in my opinion. If it is alright to carry a Glock chambered, one should not have a problem carrying in AS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Round in chamber and always decocked. I just think that is is safer, and I don't mind the longer and harder first pull.

Ron

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Why do you think it was designed to be decocked? I think it was designed to be cocked with a long pull or decocked....or else why even bother with the long single action pull?
I am not sure if I understand your reply? I think we are saying the same thing. The AS was designed to be a DA/SA weapon. Loaded chamber, long trigger pull for the first shot in DA mode...subsequent shots all in SA mode until rendered DA again by decocking the weapon....

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 to the decocked AS. If I were to carry it cocked, I would pull the trigger back to the SA set point since I would never practice the gun in SA mode, long trigger pull and that click might confuse me when I don't want it to.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am not sure if I understand your reply? I think we are saying the same thing. The AS was designed to be a DA/SA weapon. Loaded chamber, long trigger pull for the first shot in DA mode...subsequent shots all in SA mode until rendered DA again by decocking the weapon....
No I'm saying that I think its plausible that the P99 was meant to allow you to carry decocked or cocked with the long single action. If not I don't see what the purpose of the AS system verses the traditional DA/SA system is.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No I'm saying that I think its plausible that the P99 was meant to allow you to carry decocked or cocked with the long single action. If not I don't see what the purpose of the AS system verses the traditional DA/SA system is.
I agree. The AS mode could have been taken out of the trigger design realitively easily during the design phase. The only reason for it would be to carry it in that mode.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If not I don't see what the purpose of the AS system verses the traditional DA/SA system is.
I may be wrong but I don't view the AS as being different from a traditional DA/AS system. I think the trigger configuration of cocked and long SA trigger (although I prefer to pull up the slack in the trigger to have it in short SA mode) is because it is a striker design rather than a hammer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts