Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just joined recently to learn more about the PPQ M1. Wife and I both jumped through all of Maryland's anti personal protection hoops,so now we're just waiting for our HQL "License" to arrive. Me being a lefty has prompted me to consider the M1 over the M2. Wife has tiny features and has trouble racking slides (even Smith Wesson's EZ), so she'll be looking at revolvers.We're both beat-up from working for paychecks for 50 years, so "ease of operation" is important to us. I should be ready to buy in December but 'finding' an M1 will be the challenge, let alone a 5 inch model that I'm after! :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Welcome aboard and good for you making them honor your 2A rights in Maryland (one of the hardest)! The PPQ M1s come along from time to time. I prefer the paddles myself, not being a lefty, for a myriad of reasons but if I were a lefty I'd be determined to find paddles. Good luck.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You'll probably find more M2's than M1's. You can switch the button mag release on an M2 in under 5 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard and good for you making them honor your 2A rights in Maryland (one of the hardest)! The PPQ M1s come along from time to time. I prefer the paddles myself, not being a lefty, for a myriad of reasons but if I were a lefty I'd be determined to find paddles. Good luck.
You'll probably find more M2's than M1's. You can switch the button mag release on an M2 in under 5 minutes.
Thanks for the reminder HHPIN, I've been researching PPQ's for a while and the M2 certainly will be considered. Thought I'd make it tougher yet, so I'd rather buy a 5 inch model !:geek: I won't be ready anyway, till my 'people's republik of Maryland's HQL' "license" arrives.I expect the Christmas season will slow the mail down enough, that it'll be the end of the year anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
If you are willing to pay Earl's prices he always has a few Classic PPQs (M1) for sale.

I warn you he is scary expensive but he does have almost every Walther ever made and almost every part for them as well as the know how to help trouble shoot any issues you may have.
His website is old-school and if you don't see what you are looking for give him a call. (remember you will pay one arm or leg)

Thanks to his help I have one of the very few 2013 Classic Navy Qs in the US. That being the year Walther decided America was too dumb to understand a paddle release and had to push buttons instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are willing to pay Earl's prices he always has a few Classic PPQs (M1) for sale.

I warn you he is scary expensive but he does have almost every Walther ever made and almost every part for them as well as the know how to help trouble shoot any issues you may have.
His website is old-school and if you don't see what you are looking for give him a call. (remember you will pay one arm or leg)

Thanks to his help I have one of the very few 2013 Classic Navy Qs in the US. That being the year Walther decided America was too dumb to understand a paddle release and had to push buttons instead.
Thank you for that tip. I'll check his website out.

Thanks for the heads-up! Truth be told, I'm not concerned with price, if I'm seeing the pistol I'm after. I'll certainly check Earl's website, when I have my HQL "Document" in hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts