Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still no luck in getting a full size 9mm A/S in my area.

CDNN is still out of the full size P99s - and, if you want a compact 9mm A/S, U better jump soon - They have only 6 left.

Someone here gave me a link to a Gunbroker auction from Collector's Firearms in Houston. No one bought it, and I called them today, since I could go there tomorrow. But, even though the auction started at $400, the reserve price is $560. This is for a gun w/ no box, no extra sights and no back straps - basically just the gun. And, the gun has some wear. $560 is unreasonable for a used gun w/ no accessories.

I just pray that the rumor of the A/S coming back being true...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Shipwreck
Give them a call and Make an 0FFer you may get it for the price you want. Also a vendor may look for one for you
hope this helps
Patrick

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did call. I didn't bid on the auction because I won't buy w/o seeing it first. Since no one bought it, I figured I could call. If things sounded good, I could take the 90 min drive tomorrow. I talked w/ the guy a while, and asked him about things from the photo (the photo was not very clear, so I had several questions). I assumed it was $400, since that was the starting price of the auction.

He said it was $560, and that was even the reserve price. I told him that i bought a compact model new for $515 locally in Nov, but they would not come down at all. I even said that was too high for the condition of the gun and the lack of accessories. They said that they were charging that price because of all the stuff the gun comes with - Wanna know what stuff - An extra mag, a copy of the instructions that they got from another P99 (you can get this for free from S&W - I already ordered a free copy) and a masterlock. It's a rip off. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
+1 on the rip off

I payed $440 for my P99/AS .40S&W (before tax) at my local gunstore NIB with all the accesories .... yes it was a display with minor wear on the slide... but heck it was unfired

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, $560 would be hard to swollow for completely new - I have seen the QA's going for more than that at Gander Mountain. IF it was new, I suppose I would have paid it - Last year in Oct 05, before I bought my SW99, that particular dealer wanted almost $700 for a LNIB one. So, they charge rediculous prices.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You should know better, with Collectors Firearms.

I went to look at a new P99 AS 9mm, was gonna trade in my QA for it. They wanted $650 for the new one, only wanted to give $250 for mine.

My brother was shopping for an AR-10. We went to Collectors to see what they've got and sure enough they had several. Wouldn't let my brother touch it because he's only 19, not 21. Freaked out when I looked at it and handed it to him. Flatly refused to sell it to him, even at their asking price. 2 weeks later he had a DPMS SR-25 of his very own from the net.

Even with their high prices, they don't make it easy to help support the local store. About the only thing I've bought from them is a holster from the bargin bin.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I know the deal with Collectors. I wouldn't have worried about them if someone hadn't told me about their auction. They are rediculously expensive.

But unfortunately, no one else has any A/S's in the area... But, I won't pay that price for it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Collectors charges MSRP Plus whatever they think they can tack on.

RSR wholesale on the P99AS is still a bit better than $500.00

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Despite what is on their website, I'd swear I called them 2-3 weeks ago, and they said they has no A/S models.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Two places to try that I frequent:

Gunmaster in Plano, TX -- http://www.gunmasterinc.com/
BulletTrap in Plano, TX -- http://www.bullettrapinc.com/

The prices may not be the best, but I believe BulletTrap has a black 9mm/AS in the case.

SportingArms in Lewisville, TX -- http://www.sportingarms.com/
This would be the best pricing of the three. I have dealt with these folks in person as well.

Bachman Pawn & Guns in Dallas, TX -- (214) 351-3628
This shop is known to offer better prices at shows than in their store.

Since you prefer to only buy what you can put your hands on, it will require a drive up here to check `em out if they have what you want.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I called SPorting arms - Despite what is on their website, they only have the QA. I called about 2 weeks ago. Haven't tried the other 2 places. DO U know what the cost of that A?S is in Plano?

That's about a 3.5 hour drive each way for me. I don't think my wife will go for that

I am going to the Dallas area in Apr, but that is still a couple of months away.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, like I said... their price is not that great.. BulletTrap in Plano is $589.99 and he has 1 is stock (in the display case) NIB as I type this. I know they have layaway too, if that helps any.

Gunmaster in Plano does not have any in stock as of this minute either.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. I keep hoping to find one in Houston, but have just about given up. I am tempted to make the drive, but w/ a 6-7 hour drive, that's just to expensive in conjunction w/ the gun price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Feb. 17 2006,13:49)]Still no luck in getting a full size 9mm A/S in my area.

CDNN is still out of the full size P99s - and, if you want a compact 9mm A/S, U better jump soon - They have only 6 left.

(SNIP)
....correction....as of 1330 hours today they have five left.

I just purchased one together with two spare flat bottomed mags.

Shipwreck....before I found my pre-04 P99 Military 9mm, I searched for a good couple of months on-line. I finally got mine from Wildalaska on THR NIB for $500 with Trijicon NS' and a total of five mags.

I'm sure Walther will be good as their word at SHOT show and reintroduce the AS guns in the US.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the new gun...

Yes, I hope to find a full size one - I've really been looking since Nov, though. I ended up buying the SW99, but I like it so much that I wanna find a full size Walther.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Shipwreck I saw A 99 A/S in 9mm at Gander Mt in Spring Texas no more than 10 days ago. NIB for $579. Only 1/2 hour from Houston. As far as Collectors goes I have found a number of good deals there to tell the truth. I pick up a S&W 990L Compact in 9mm with night sights for $429 a couple of months back. Some of their prices are crazy but others are good in my experience.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know it's not a P99, but KY Imports' website shows new SW99s in 9mm for $359 ($399 w/NS) and in .40 for $379.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Watch out for KY imports
Like R guns
sarco
Botach
shipping is iffy, they don't update often and grade very very liberaly

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ruggles @ Feb. 19 2006,00:00)]Hey Shipwreck I saw A 99 A/S in 9mm at Gander Mt in Spring Texas no more than 10 days ago.  NIB for $579.  Only 1/2 hour from Houston.  As far as Collectors goes I have found a number of good deals there to tell the truth.  I pick up a S&W 990L Compact in 9mm with night sights for $429 a couple of months back.  Some of their prices are crazy but others are good in my experience.
thanks, I will look into that

Only prob is that I am a bit short on that amount. Hmmm...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my p99c AS 9mm about a month ago. I walked into my local gun store with the intention of buying a Full size p99 9mm. While I was looking over the full size the smith behind the counter pointed to a compact that had come in only 2 hours before. It had all the accessories, backstrap, sights, yellow mag tool, target, case, 2 mags etc... This little pistol was almost brand new apparently the original owner frequents the same shop & is a glock fiend. He hated the p99c so after shooting it only a few times traded it in. The magic number? $329 I didn't realize i had gotten so lucky.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts