Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new years. looking for somewhere to buy clips for a manurhin walther model ppks 22lr. The newer walther mags dont work. It is difficult to find any online besides the 2 that have been sold already, and the 2 or 3 that are listed for an astounding $225. Some may consider this a relic, i just need a clip that works. Anyone know? 馃榿

thanks for any info in advance
(Photo not mine credit to gunauction)

Attachments

Premium Member
Hurrkuleez- welcome in, you've got a very nice PPK/S there. I've had the same issue with obtaining mags. Have three OEM mags for my PPK/S 22LR. I'd like to have two more. In another thread, mentioned purchasing Triple K mags, something I thought I'd never do. My experience with them with a Beretta pistol was mixed. But at $195 (Earls) and $225 on eBay for OEM mags, will be giving Triple K a try. Will let you know how they work, they haven't shipped yet, hopefully will have in the next week or so.

Here is my PPK/S
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will let you know how they work, they haven't shipped yet, hopefully will have in the next week or
Awesome piece there! Variants from florida, that is dope. Good luck with receiving those packages, i would love to hear back if theyve worked for you since we seem to be having the same problem for the same piece. $225 is something youd pay for the gun itself 馃

Premium Member
Will do on reporting back. FYI, the Triple K are $45. If they work it will be great but I'm sure you'll find mixed results from the folks here that have tried them. Hoping to be lucky.

Registered
Mark, I wish you luck with triple K mags, the two I have are totally unreliable, lips are so soft they do not hold position. If yours work they look a lot better if you grind off the ugly finger protrusion on the floorplate. My original mags were stolen from the friend who gave me the pistol, I finally did the unthinkable to get a mag that worked efficiently and spent the $235. My friend also presented me with a second original mag but would not reveal the other than 鈥渆xpensive鈥. Triple K mag on left ( the other Triple K will not hold ammo under pressure).
Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Premium Member
Same here gents, bought 3 triple K naively but did not work out well鈥︹︹.was able with 2 of them to put quantities of 5 in there and that seem to go ok鈥..in the end they seem to are lost somewhere in my closet鈥︹︹︹ot 2 original mags 鈥︹.. my better half is still feeding me only water and bread鈥︹.

Registered
Ameridap, If someone had told me I would spend $250 on a 22 magazine i would have replied 鈥測eah, sure鈥 but such a beautiful pistol deserves correct parts and in return it will provide fun鈥攆un鈥-fun. l

Premium Member
Ameridap, If someone had told me I would spend $250 on a 22 magazine i would have replied 鈥測eah, sure鈥 but such a beautiful pistol deserves correct parts and in return it will provide fun鈥攆un鈥-fun. l
My 1975 .22 PPK/s will shortly be joined by a 1968 .22 PPK鈥︹.love the PP series鈥︹..did you notice how the slide is thinner of a .22 than a .32 or 380鈥︹︹.

Premium Member
Mark, I wish you luck with triple K mags
Thanks, I'll need it.......

A few years ago, ordered a Triple K for a Beretta 70S. It did not work, was not able to insert it enough to be able to seat. They accepted the return and sent another that did work. I'll take 50/50 odds and if these do not work........
Then I have to ask myself. Self, do you really need two more? You already have three OEM mags, why do you need more?

Registered
PPK/s 380ACP (Interarms) - PP 32ACP (German) - PP 22LR (Manurhin)
Having a Manurhin PP in 22LR, I鈥檓 well aware of the struggle that is trying to find extra OEM magazines. I鈥檓 just glad my pistol came with two of them!

There is one currently on Gunbroker for $155 last I checked. Not cheap, but better than the $250 they go for sometimes.

Registered
Happy new years. looking for somewhere to buy clips for a manurhin walther model ppks 22lr. The newer walther mags dont work. It is difficult to find any online besides the 2 that have been sold already, and the 2 or 3 that are listed for an astounding $225. Some may consider this a relic, i just need a clip that works. Anyone know? 馃榿

I have a Manurhin .22 magazine for PP or PPK/S marked with 鈥淔rance.鈥 If anyone wants to make me an offer I鈥檒l consider selling. [email protected] Thank you!
Tool Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

I have a Manurhin .22 magazine for PP or PPK/S marked with 鈥淔rance.鈥 If anyone wants to make me an offEr I鈥檇 consider selling. Thank you!

Registered
What price do you value your magazines at? I would certainly be interested in one if reasonably priced .

Premium Member
Will do on reporting back. FYI, the Triple K are $45. If they work it will be great but I'm sure you'll find mixed results from the folks here that have tried them. Hoping to be lucky.
Tried out the two Triple K mags with my PPK/S this morning. So far so good; three cycles of 8 rounds each with both magazines using CCI Mini Mag 40 grain CPRN and then of 8 rounds with CCI Velocitor 40grain with each mag. No negative issues with function so far. It's only 32 rounds down range with each mag so far but certainly a good start.

I'd never want to endorse these without many more rounds fired and even then it's likely to be a mixed result for many.

Premium Member
I'd never want to endorse these without many more rounds fired and even then it's likely to be a mixed result for many.
Thanks for the range report Mark. My experience using Triple K magazines in my Colt Match Target has been mixed as well. Whenever possible I'll spend the money to get at least one good OEM magazine.

Registered
But at $195 (Earls) and $225 on eBay for OEM mags, will be giving Triple K a try.
Unless you just want to spend some time talking with a nice, knowledgeable man... I wouldn't waste my time in calling "Earl's". I decided to pay the $195.00 per magazine... only to find out that "Earl's" had no "pre-Arkansas" .22LR Walther magazines in stock in either one of his stores. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts