Walther Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Andy, thanks, that would make catching a Super easier.

Altho' I'm not sure I need one more almost-the-same casing to chase.
Per our old Range Officer, we stripe the heads of .380s, but not 9s, for easier identification when policing them.
Moon

·
Registered
17 Posts
That price you paid for a PP in that shape is really good. I know because I’m looking diligently for one in that condition and the average I’m seeing is in the $800-900 range. Congratulations!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That price you paid for a PP in that shape is really good. I know because I’m looking diligently for one in that condition and the average I’m seeing is in the $800-900 range. Congratulations!
Oh Hell yeah, didn't even bat an eye. Actually I bought the gun before he told me the price...he told me the price a week later! I new he wouldn't take advantage of me though, I've bought a bunch of guns through him already.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
You will see far more PP or PPK/S than Supers at gun shows or at your LGS. Prices on GB for a decent police surplus PP Super in 9x18 Ultra will start at around $550, with $750 not uncommon for a full package. Commercial 9x18 Supers and those chambered in .380 are seldom seen, and nice examples of those will fetch prices of around $800 and $1,000, respectively. NOS or pristine LNIB .380 have sold for $1,200 and up during the last few years.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
FWIIW, I bought an excellent Manurhin PP in .32 less than a year ago for $450, so you should not have to spend that much for a nice PP.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
As Geonole said, $800-900 is above average price for a Walther PP in .32ACP while excellent guns in .380 or .22 l.r. can fetch that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I totally agree that “you should not have to” pay $8-900 for a nice PP. But...If you watch them on Gunbroker, you don’t see any pristine ones in the $500 range. Tell me where I can find a great, new looking one in the original box with papers for $500 and I’ll buy it gladly today.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Well, in fairness, Manurhin like mine often sell at a 10-15% discount to those stamped Walther, but I do think that you can save a couple hundred dollars by being patient. If you are OK to get a nice Walther-marked PP for something closer to the $700-800 mark, then you might try Simpsons.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If you are OK to get a nice Walther-marked PP for something closer to the $700-800 mark, then you might try Simpsons.
Simpson Ltd., Checkpoint Charlie's, and Joe Salter would be excellent places to keep an eye on. I've bought guns and accessories from all of them with no complaints.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks guys, I was not aware of those locations.
I also do like Manurhin and have a .22 PPK in great shape. Maybe I have been paying too much for my Walthers, but I’m new to them and love the design and quality etc. To me they’re not only great shooters, they’re works of Art!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I totally agree that “you should not have to” pay $8-900 for a nice PP. But...If you watch them on Gunbroker, you don’t see any pristine ones in the $500 range. Tell me where I can find a great, new looking one in the original box with papers for $500 and I’ll buy it gladly today.
In between $500 and $900, is a huge difference. While you might not easily find a gun for 60% of the max price, finding one for $695 should not be that hard.

I personally do not care that much for papers or boxes but then I have several large airtight aluminium boxes full of gun boxes in the attic and have problems just with safe storage of my handguns alone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I just put another blued PPK/S, Manurhin, 9mm/380 no box or papers in about the same shape as my others (99.5+%) on law-a-way (Sat) for $425 OTD! The deals are out there. Now if I could just come across a German or French PPK in the same kind of shape without taking out a mortgage for it?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
True enough. But as often as not, when we are gone the guns and boxes may not be reunited.

One solution is bigger safes.

M
I have quite a few handguns and the plastic case for a Walther GSP would be taking up a whole shelf by itself. When I had less than 30 handguns, I had many pistols and revolvers stored inside the safes in boxes but I found it awkward to get them out.

I have raised my sons and influenced them a little bit, they would not only know which boxes, magazines and spare go to which gun but they will in due time incorporate my guns into their own collections. My oldest son is firmly planning to have a safe gun room with a vault door after his next move.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great price on that .380, congrats. I wound up finding a pretty nice 50s model PP with box for $100 more. I do like the smaller cardboard boxes with the lizard print...they look cool, stack well and don’t take up much room.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts