Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings to all, I haven't been on in a while, but have been creeping from time to time.
I recently purchased a 1966 Walther PP in really great condition, just a tiny bit of muzzle wear on the bluing at the end. Oh yeah, it's in the coveted .32 too!
I'll pick it up at lunch today and get some photos up ASAP. I'll tell you what I paid for it after you see it and get your opinion, but I think I did well.
The strange thing is it's a police stamped pistol and comes with the original box and mags, but the box is off by "1" number in the last digit of the serial? The police station must have had a bunch of them in numerical order and simply grabbed the wrong box belonging to the next serial number up when boxing them up for trade in would be my guess?
It's sure to please you ever discerning Walther guys and I look forward to all of your comments and opinions. Oh yeah, still keeping an eye out for a very nice PPK to round out my collection.
Till then.
Tray

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on 66 Walther PP

As promised, I picked it up at lunch. Keep in mind it's filthy, but at least you don't have to wait until Monday to see it. Came with three original mags and two of them have the pinky extensions. Look forward to cleaning it up over the weekend.
Oh yeah, I paid... wait for it... only $580!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just discovered the Walther PP Super! O' Lord what have I done, there's even more old German Walthers to collect?

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Luckily, the ammo for the Super is now to be found online.
You'll find the same true for .32; more choices/prices. The European stuff is to be preferred.
Passed on a Super years ago for lack of ammo.

Moon

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Luckily, the ammo for the Super is now to be found online.
You'll find the same true for .32; more choices/prices. The European stuff is to be preferred.
Passed on a Super years ago for lack of ammo.

Moon
That little PP Super is one sexy looking little number too. Good because according to GB they look like they don't move very quickly or at the same prices the PP/PPK/S sell for either? Am I off on that and they have a great collectability to them?
I went into "completed" auctions and not much showed up actually being sold.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Funny thing about the PP Super auctions on GB, they seem to cycle in and out of fashion (sales). In 2017 and 2018, both calibers sold well. For the last 6-9 months, it has been noticeably slower, even in the much-coveted .380 version. As said elsewhere above, the Supers are nice pistols and a lot of fun to shoot, in .380 (unlike the PP or PPK) and in the more robust Ultra. Get you one and give them a spin!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So what I'm getting here is keep an eye out for one in good condition, preferably .380 but .32 also depending on shape.
Thanks for the heads up and now I have another Walther to keep my eye out for.

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Actually, your Moparness, the Supers are what are more common. :) I've been keeping a stray eye open for one at gunshows.
Also, does anyone know if either .380 or 9mm loading dies will work for the Super? My manuals don't even list it.
Moon

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Actually, your Moparness, the Supers are what are more common. :) I've been keeping a stray eye open for one at gunshows.
Also, does anyone know if either .380 or 9mm loading dies will work for the Super? My manuals don't even list it.
Moon
Thanks to GeoNole94's generous help I have some nice 9mm Ultra brass and reloaded some 9 Ultra and now can answer that question. The 9mm Luger dies will work and you need to use .380 shellholders. I used 95 gr JHP bullets with an load of Bullseye that was listed for the 9mm Makarov as a starting load.

The 9 Ultra is easy to reload and cheap to shoot due to lighter bullets and small powder charges.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Moon
"Moparness" had to think about that for a minute. lol
So the Supers are easier to find at gun shows than the PP/PPk/S then? Good to know, I'll be going to one at the end of the month and I'll keep an eye out for one, thanks.
What's a good price on one or what should I expect to pay for a very good to great condition Super?
Tray

1 - 20 of 35 Posts