Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carl Walther was born 22 November 1858.

In honor of it, and really more by total coincidence, I purchased two new-to-me lightly used 9x19mm Walthers this week. A excellent example P99 AS version (my 3rd P99) with 4 mags and all new accessories/box, and today a excellent example Gen 1 PPQ (my first),with all accessories and box as new, and a nice kydex holster. Both guns could pass as new, not a blemish or observable wear on them.

I'm a big fan of the P99. I really love the angular look and the ergos are top shelf, and I like the mag release. The AS trigger is really excellent.

Never owned a PPQ, but have had my eye out for a while. I like the Gen 1 because of magazine compatibility and the paddle mag release. I do marginally prefer the angular look to the P99, but the PPQs grip, Glock-esq trigger, and ambi-slide release is a home run in my book.

Happy Birthday Mr. Walther!

·
Registered
556 Posts
......but the PPQs grip, Glock-esq trigger.....

Hold your fire, folks!.......I'm sure he didn't mean it!

The PPQ P3/M3 has a “Glock-esq trigger”, but not the PPQs we know and love.

Take for your penance 10 Hail Marys and go and shoot the crap out of that classic PPQ (and congratulations on your good taste!).

Balor

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hold your fire, folks!.......I'm sure he didn't mean it!

The PPQ P3/M3 has a “Glock-esq trigger”, but not the PPQs we know and love.

Take for your penance 10 Hail Marys and go and shoot the crap out of that classic PPQ (and congratulations on your good taste!).

Balor
If I'm mistaken, let me know. But I'm holding a striker fired PPQ with a trigger dingus that is a near clone and arguable patent theft (except it's expired) of a Glock dingus trigger safety. The material difference is that it goes "dead" differently than Glocks. It's effectively the same concept, unless I'm totally mistaken...

·
Registered
556 Posts
If I'm mistaken, let me know. But I'm holding a striker fired PPQ with a trigger dingus that is a near clone and arguable patent theft (except it's expired) of a Glock dingus trigger safety. The material difference is that it goes "dead" differently than Glocks. It's effectively the same concept, unless I'm totally mistaken...
The trigger safety is indeed similar, so from the appearance point of view I suppose one could describe it as “Glock-esq”, but that's where the similarity ends, as the mechanism is quite different. The Glock has a partially pre-cocked trigger mechanism, whereas the PPQ can only be fully cocked.

Apart from that, there's not a lot you need to do to make the PPQ's trigger “better” - which is not something that can be said for the Glock trigger.

Balor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts