Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a thing and bought a Sig P226 9mm. I was originally looking at the 92FS when I got an email for a LE trade-in. Turned my world upside down. I did some research and found the cheapest 226 9mm I could find... around $550. This is a CPO gun and looks amazing. It was an impulse buy and of course i'm sure it will be flawless... but I was wondering if this price range seemed fair? I can't seem to find new ones below $900.00 or used ones below $700. Today was the first time i've heard of a CPO gun, which is just extra insurance for me! Anyway, super excited about it. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a solid buy in that price range. I picked up a CPO 1911 TACOPS in 10mm for a great price back in March. Hard to believe it had even been fired before coming home with me.
Only beef I have is that with a CPO, you get a cardboard box without hard case, and only one mag. My hard cases are only used to store relevant items for their given weapon, so not a big deal. Money invested in mags however, does add up over time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a solid buy in that price range. I picked up a CPO 1911 TACOPS in 10mm for a great price back in March. Hard to believe it had even been fired before coming home with me.
Only beef I have is that with a CPO, you get a cardboard box without hard case, and only one mag. My hard cases are only used to store relevant items for their given weapon, so not a big deal. Money invested in mags however, does add up over time.
Good to hear! Sounds like you got a sweet deal too. Luckily it came with 2 - 15 round magazines so still not bad. OEM mags can get pretty pricey from what i've heard. I don't mind the shoebox honestly.. so long as the gun is good looking and shoots like its supposed to!

·
Registered
150 Posts
You got a good deal on your CPO Sig 226 9mm. A reseller on the big auction site has one with a starting bid of $599.99. I only buy used guns and this seems to be a nice VALUE purchase rather than an impulse buy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got a good deal on your CPO Sig 226 9mm. A reseller on the big auction site has one with a starting bid of $599.99. I only buy used guns and this seems to be a nice VALUE purchase rather than an impulse buy.
True! I say impulse buy because I had 0 intention of purchasing a Sig. I believe they are waaayy overpriced. I sat down to buy a 92 when an add popped up for a police trade in “like new” 226 On gun pro website... for 499.00. I was a little slow to the purchase and lost out. Needless to say I was aggravated. I realized I wanted one so I started hunting and found it. Already shipping to FFL and am pretty excited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts