Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried improving the trigger pull on their PPS?

On my P99AS I cut 4 coils off the striker spring and smoothed out and polished the striker. I got a little better feeling trigger pull, but the tension for the trigger is controlled mainly by the trigger spring.

On the PPS that does not seem to be the case. It appears that the striker spring is the main resistance to the trigger pull on the PPS.

Has anybody tried a lighter Glock spring or cutting of any coils on the Striker Spring?

What are people doing to improve the Glock trigger pull?

Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
What are people doing to improve the Glock trigger pull?
On the Glock, they call it the 25 Cent trigger job. Basically a fluff&buff on the moving parts WITHOUT taking off any metal or rounding off edges. I never did it. Never thought I needed it. Old timers said just dry fire (or shoot) ones Glock to get a better trigger.

·
Registered
358 Posts
you can actually do a bit more on the glock trigger then fluff and buff. Another reason why you polish and smooth it is to prevent peening (sp) which isn't nice on the trigger pull. However if you get peening after a polishing you know you might have issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you can actually do a bit more on the glock trigger then fluff and buff. Another reason why you polish and smooth it is to prevent peening (sp) which isn't nice on the trigger pull. However if you get peening after a polishing you know you might have issues.
Yes, there are aftermarket parts, trigger bars, springs, etc., but I didn't raise those possibilities as there is no aftermarket for the PPS.

And if one is adventurous one can cut and grind on various trigger group parts to improve the trigger, but most Glock owners don't go that far. Only those who have special trigger needs like race gun, target, etc.

And what peening are you talking about? There is slight peening of the slide that has been mentioned by owners, but I don't recall anything related to "trigger" operation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The PPS is probably a little too new to be experimenting with any mods just yet. My first preference / suggestion would be just to use it. With most quality pistols such as Walthers, the actions tend to get better with use as parts wear in. Every S&W, Ruger, and others I have had as well as my Walther P99, the actions just got better and better with use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know some of that will happen, but cutting off some of the coils has helped the P99SA and QA triggers. The main resistance to the PPS trigger seems to be the striker spring.

I would not try without getting a new striker spring or 2 from Walther before I started trying it. With as new as the gun is, Walther USA may not have replacement part in the system or in stock yet.

·
Registered
358 Posts
No Peening happen, just making the point for the people who don't know what goes into a trigger job. Not really directed toward you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know of a reliable sketch/directions for actually disassembling the PPS, even if only as far as the slide?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm going to bump this, as I'm looking for the same thing....how to take this apart/ remove trigger, etc....anyone done it yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts