Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning gentlemen!

I have been living in Germany for most of the last 35 years and find I have a problem with one pistol, a PPK made circa 1970. It is a commercial pistol that was never owned or used by either the military or the polizei.

Any way to import this thing?

A sob story to the ATF when I submit the application?

SS

Premium Member
I have a problem with one pistol, a PPK made circa 1970.
Welcome to the forum. What problem are you having ?

Unfortunately the PPK has been unable to be imported into the US since 1968. Whether it was produced for commercial, military, or police has no bearing on this.

We'd like to see some pics.

Registered
Morning gentlemen!

I have been living in Germany for most of the last 35 years and find I have a problem with one pistol, a PPK made circa 1970. It is a commercial pistol that was never owned or used by either the military or the polizei.

A sob story to the ATF when I submit the application?

SS
Trust me, the ATF couldn't care less about your sob story. lol

Registered
As far as I know there are no legal options. When I was in exactly the same situation a few decades ago, my PPK was the only gun I had to sell in Germany because there was no way. There are law enforcement exceptions, but even if you knew an LEO who could 鈥渂uy鈥 the gun from you and import it, that would likely be illegal as a straw purchase and I doubt anyone would do it.

Super Moderator
Would a pre-68 model be importable? Any chance of swapping yours on an earlier model?
Moon

Premium Member
Hello,
if you ask a gunsmith to build in a PP barrel, this changes the dimensions of the gun and you might be able to import it ....
Good luck!
Dieter.
No. There is a height requirement as well, and the PPK frame cannot meet it.

It is possible to modify a PPK frame to extend it, and in fact such a conversion was designed by Interarms many years ago to make surplus ex-German police PPK pistols importable. The project never proceeded beyond the construction of one prototype.

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts