Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Cool...but still pricey and no option for pistol brace?? So have to get SBR registration?!? Check out extar 9mm, .45 or 10mm ....takes Glock mags. Price from $415-$525 ish.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can someone explain the point of these things?
Why would I want to transform my pistol into a very expensive, very short barrel carbine?
What are the advantages?
How repeatable is the zero of any optics or sights when the pistol is removed and re-installed?
If I want a 9mm carbine, why not just buy a CZ Scorpion?

Granted, I like the grip and trigger on my PPQ. So that's a compelling reason. But you're still shooting a 5" barrel.

If the long barrel Scorpion is classified as non-restricted in Canada, there's no question about what I'd get.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need to sbr the pistol. U just put a brace on it its fine, has a standard AR receiver threading will take a pistol tube or sba3 tube. I have a sba3 on mine atm

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would I want to transform my pistol into a very expensive, very short barrel carbine?
What are the advantages?
How repeatable is the zero of any optics or sights when the pistol is removed and re-installed?

Granted, I like the grip and trigger on my PPQ. So that's a compelling reason. But you're still shooting a 5" barrel.

If the long barrel Scorpion is classified as non-restricted in Canada, there's no question about what I'd get.
You will understand the point when you shoot one, I think they are a blast to shoot

·
Registered
140 Posts
You don't need to sbr the pistol.
A quick search and read I found an article saying that these kits can make you run afoul of US laws. Is that if you have a brace on it?

Here in Canada, a pistol (any pistol) is restricted (or prohibited), and will remain restricted (or prohibited) no matter what you strap onto it.

What I think is an SBR in the USA is a restricted rifle here. Treated the same as pistols for licences, registration, transportation, use, storage, and transfers

As I can't fire rifle calibre firearms at my indoor range, I guess one of these would make for an interesting range toy. Found one listed for 650$CAN. Saves me 400$CAN over buying a restricted CZ Scorpion.

So I'm interested. But an un-restricted PCC would mean I could take it out in the woods and not be limited by the rules surrounding restricted firearms.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you find any information about there being an issue with the kidon in the US. I spoke with a member from the company I bought it from. The kidon was never a rifle, even if it comes with a stock it's not a rifle it's an accessory. If you put a brace on it and put your pistol into it there is no law being broken except in California and New York

·
Registered
187 Posts
https://www.imidefense.com/

The kidon now has an adapter plate made specifically for the ppq. Finally a legitimate option for a ppq carbine!!!
This is it with my p07, needless to say I will be getting the k16 adapter plate which is the ppq adapter.
Awesome! Please post pictures and your impressions once you get it set up with your PPQ.

What are the advantages?

I’ve been looking into conversions like this off and on for awhile, it appeals to me because I would be able to use a platform I trust and am already familiar with and have magazines for, plus it would seem to be more compact on the front end having the magazine in the grip instead of ahead of the trigger, and probably have better balance. Holding zero after the pistol is taken out and put back in is something I’d like to read some impressions on, but watching a couple videos on the Kidon, it looks like a really solid setup, so I’m thinking it will do well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has been solid for me now i have an mro on mine with a larue mount and it has held zero but has only been 3 outings. I also have not had 1 malfunction induced by the kit and I have read about some people where the roni or kpos may have caused jams. I will be getting the ppq adapter but it isn't even listed for sale yet as a standalone item and I'm not buying a whole new kit to get it.
Polymer80.com is the American distributor for the kidon now and we can purchase from there instead of getting it mailed from Israel which is how I got mine

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Yankchef P80 has the adapter only in stock.

I was about to buy from there but saw your older thread regarding the other site that runs sales. Unfortunately, they don't have the K16 listed but I sent an email inquiry.

For those looking: P80 takes away all extras and forces you to buy an adapter, so it still probably worth buying from Israel unless you've got cash to burn and are impatient.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Yankchef P80 has the adapter only in stock.

I was about to buy from there but saw your older thread regarding the other site that runs sales. Unfortunately, they don't have the K16 listed but I sent an email inquiry.

For those looking: P80 takes away all extras and forces you to buy an adapter, so it still probably worth buying from Israel unless you've got cash to burn and are impatient.
What extras do they take away? I got mine from yrs inc it came with the afg, iron sights, sling, case and stock. I contacted p80 about getting replacement parts and they were very responsive and appear very helpful. Part of my request was to get a k16 adapter and they said would not be a problem and they would need 1-2 weeks.

Yrs also makes you select an adapter but why would you buy the kidon without an adapter?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts