Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently studying and testing the Glock 37 in 45Gap caliber. I have a url/pointer to my main review. Note: I'm not trying to convert people and I'm definitely not saying the 45 GAP blows everything away.

And yes, I've already read threads from the past year stating how stupid the 45GAP cartridge is and how badly Glock screwed up. You do not have to duplicate all that fine work. BUT, if you really want to add con or pro statements about the 45GAP to plead your case, feel free. I'm not interested in starting a flame war though.

thanks,

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/petej/45gap.defend.htm

·
Registered
229 Posts
As an aside...

I e-mailed Walther a few months ago to find out if they had any intention to produce the Walther P99 in either .45ACP or 10mm in the future; to make a long story short, they said "No". (Since S&W offers their version in .45ACP, I though it might be possible.)

In lieu of that, I would love to see the all-German Walther P99 produced in .45GAP.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Very nice report. At first I heard the same thing about "why?", However, I'm now starting to hear some good things about it.

One thing I noticed in your report, you stated that the original case used a large pistol primer, but now uses a small pistol primer. I believe this is wrong. And if you look at your picture that shows the comparison of the .40, .45 ACP and .45 GAP you'll see that the .45 GAP still has a large primer. Also, I've heard rumor that the primer is actually a Large RIFLE primer. Supposedly this is to help get the same ballistics as the .45 ACP.

Devin

p.s. I too would like to see a P99 chambered for this round.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I just looked at more pictures from your report and there are some .45 GAP's with the small primer!!

This is not a good thing if there is different brass out there for us reloaders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, the gap ammo with the large pistol primer (prototype ammo only) was not released to the public. The production ammo all uses the small pistol primer.

I've reworded the pictures section to clarify. There is an early prototype section of pictures and a production section. In the early prototyped section, I also have notes above each picture is they have changed in production mode.

cheers,
pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts