Walther Forums banner

If you could only have one PPK variant, what would it be?

• PPK in .32 ACP

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PPK in .380 ACP

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • PPK/S in .32 ACP

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • PPK/S in .380 ACP

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • PPK/S .22

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hard to believe a 44 magnum is less efficient than a 22 rimfire...

You didn't consider you have to hit what you're aiming at for it to matter. Hardly surprising that the round with the least recoil is in practice the most deadly. That's why I always shake my head at the armchair experts going on about "stopping power" (especially the glock fan boys).

One shot to the head and its game over. Doesn't matter if its a .22LR or a 10-gauge solid slug.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well since folks are still posting here:
PPK/S in .380 has been suiting me just fine.
Wouldn’t mind a .32 as a plinker but I saw the sale(!) price of .32 ammo. Oof...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I looked for a long time to find a stainless Interarms PPK in .32. They are tough to find. I wonder what total production of that variant was?

That’s just a neat little gun. Well, all PPK’s in .32 are cool.

But, I’ve become a big fan of stainless carry guns.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm also in the hunt for a .32 IA to complement my .32 S&W. Very hard to find either. The .32 PPK/S of both variants, are more common, but still relatively scare.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm. In real life, given the cost of certain Ammo, the ability of certain Ammo to expand, and grip comfort, I am going to choose one of my blued West German ppk/s .380s.

However, in my dreams, I’d have a West German blued ppk in .32 and the grip would fit my hand without use of extension mag (and without my pinky falling off) and I would find some magical .32 rounds that expand reliably but didn’t break the bank and were easily available in my area. And I would find work as a spy. In my dreams.

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Suspect that this forum, by itself, has made .32 PPK arms hard to find.
Moon

21 - 31 of 31 Posts