Walther Forums banner

IDPA, USPSA shooters

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TDoug 
#1 ·
Competition forum seems a little slow. Just wondered how many forum members use their PPQ's/Q5's for IDPA/USPSA. I just started using a Q5 for IDPA. Great gun but I'm still adjusting from a much heavier CZ.

#2 ·
I an shooting my PPQ's in IDPA/USPSA matches in several different classes.
USPSA carry optic I use the Q5 with a Leupold Delta with 7 moa triangle. In IDPA I shoot the PPQ 45 in ESP, PPQ 40 in SSP, and a 4" PPQ 9mm in CCP.
My scores have greatly improved after going to the PPQ's and getting rid of the Glocks.

As well as I shoot the PPQ's I still like my custom 1911's for CDP.

#8 ·
He always followed the rule book. The "incident" that caused the end of the Carolina Cup had nothing to do with the rule book. I was there working the stage where it happened. It got all twisted up on the Internet forums, facebook, etc.

#9 ·
USPSA Production (and occasionally Limited) with a P99 AS here, so close enough. Regarding the CZ thing, they're undeniably nice guns, but I shot a friend's Shadow once and couldn't warm up to the shape of it in my hands, plus the whole manual decocking thing has always seemed sketchy to me. Given how expensive Shadows and Shadow 2s are, it's probably a good thing I didn't like it. :)

The competition section of the forum here has always been pretty slow, at least in my experience. Every now and then, somebody posts something, gets a few responses, and then it peters out for a month or two, rinse and repeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.