Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Ulm, non-factory engraved, Interarms imports. Pilkguns or MGMike would be good engraving resources on this forum, but those pistols are ‘worth’ nowhere near those quoted numbers, IMO.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Those look factory engraved to me. More accurately, they were "factory commissioned", as Walther sent them out to an independent engraving firm.

The grips are probably later embellishments, but they look very tastefully executed --much nicer than the chintzy white plastic factory grips that they originally came with.

I don't think those prices are "unrealistic", but of course it's not my money.

M

·
Registered
917 Posts
There were a number of boxed, engraved and plated PPs and PPKs on this month's Rock Island Auction that sold in the $3,000 to $6,000 range. I don't think the above prices are unrealistic.

Reactions: Vandal320

·
Registered
701 Posts
I concur with MGMikes and Poloberst 's assesments

·
Registered
632 Posts
3,500 is the low end of the current average that I am seeing. They have jumped since last year where they could be obtained for $2,500. Seems collectors are waking up to the realization that actual engraved pistols are difficult to come by and in limited numbers versus the "engraved" S&W models that are on the market.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3,500 is the low end of the current average that I am seeing. They have jumped since last year where they could be obtained for $2,500. Seems collectors are waking up to the realization that actual engraved pistols are difficult to come by and in limited numbers versus the "engraved" S&W models that are on the market.
$3500.00 for the Silver one? If so, what is the gold one worth, IYO?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Any engraved seems to be starting, or at least holding interest at the 3,500 mark. The golds are more common. I have only seen 3 silvers listed on gunbroker in the last few months. Past 3,500 is a crap shoot. It is a special class of collectors that want to and have the means to drop 4K+ on a Walther.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
$3500.00 for the Silver one? If so, what is the gold one worth, IYO?
I don't think gold vs. silver plating makes much difference in the value. What you're really paying for is the artistry of the carving in the steel. In my eyes a blued gun is more handsome --and more practical-- than silver (which tarnishes) or gold plating (which typically is soft and wears poorly).

M

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mike,
Just an aside is the box in your attached thumbnail a factory box? I picked up the same box years ago but have no idea where.

Dan O

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Yes, it is a factory case from Walther, but it did not originally come with that gun, which I bought new. The case was supplied with an overpriced Model PP "commemorative" (I don't recall which variant) with very superficial embellishment (distinctive roll-marks and gold-plating on a few small parts). It was Walther's belated --and failed--attempt to exploit the lucrative commemorative market.

The case cried for divorce and begged for remarriage to a more deserving gun.

M

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Mike,
Just an aside is the box in your attached thumbnail a factory box? I picked up the same box years ago but have no idea where.

Dan O

That's a Model PP 50 Jahre Commemorative box?

Correct?

I've been shopping Walther wood cases the last week or two.

·
Super Moderator
7,683 Posts
Jim, you apparently look a lot and say little! :D
Yeah, they show both sides. Have a look at Gunbroker; they will show you every imaginable angle.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,683 Posts
There's an ejection port on both sides? Classy. That should increase the value as it's pretty rare.
The left hand version has long been on my wish list.

Bass', you are correct, they just reversed positions for no rational reason.
My guess is the poster intended to show both sides, but was as inattentive as I was.
Moon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.