Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much says it all. I want one, and they don't make one. Wahhh.  

does anyone else want one?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I looked for one too. I went as far as to check to see if the one for the Glock would fit, but no luck. Darn supply and demand.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The biggest problem with adding Lasers is size.....and being able to buy effective holsters. So, the guide rod principle is very attractive....adding no extra size to your weapon

BUT,

The guide rod lasers I have seen, don't match up, IMHO, to the abilities of Lasers like the LAS TAC II. Check this one out, I think you will be happy with the laser output ( brightness) and it's long service life on one set of batteries. The Laser Device Inc. laser I have installed on my P-99 .40 has a run time of 40 hours !! I have recoil tested my laser for over 3,000 rds with no ill effects and it HOLDS ZERO! I also demand that the laser dot be very well formed and "tight" out to target engagement distances.

JF

·
Registered
2 Posts
How funny that I just registered here today and found this topic. I have a LaserMax unit for my Glock and had an email conversation with a LaserMax rep about whether or not they would make one for the P99/S&W99 series.

His response was "New designs are based on the market share of the intended gun. We've looked at the Walther/SW 99 and can make a sight for it. They just have to sell enough guns to make it profitable for us to do so. So far, they are very slow movers."

I would love an integral laser, but it doesn't look like LaserMax will be doing one anytime soon.

Perhaps if other people let them know they were interested?

·
Registered
539 Posts
They probably assume a certain percentage of owners will buy their product (say 1%). So when they look at how many guns are out there they get a feel for how many units they could sell. It may help to call them up and ask but 10, 20 or even 100 of such calls probably won't change their mind. Compared to Glocks or 1911s the 99 simply doesn't sell.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Resureccting a very old thread. I bet lots if P99 owners would consider buying this if it was available. And I'm pretty sure the PPQ guide rod is compatible so between the two I wonder if enough have been sold by now to make it worthwhile to them. Might just have to give them a call....

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
With a captured recoil spring, there is no way to make one. No way to turn it on or off as it is totally inside the springs. I do NOT believe it can be done.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Even though according to post #4 the company itself said they looked at the P99 and could make one just choose not to?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
They should probably be contacted for another request and informed that the PPQ, P99, and SW99 all use the same guide rod.

Now, if it isn't possible, so be it.

I would buy one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts