Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range tonight to try out my new Steyr M9 and Ruger P93. Of course, the P99 came along for the ride as well.

Both of the new guns were good and shot nice groups. The Steyr's trapezoidal sight is a little different, but I found it was very good in rapid sight picture acquisition.

After a few hundred rounds through those, I pulled out the P99 and went to work. The gun just shoots way better than I do...and it makes me look good! I shot about 100 rounds and they were smooth and comfortable. I nearly obliterated a 3" center at 7 yds and had another nice group at 10 yds. At 15 yds, they spread a bit (with a few flyers) but they still would have done the job.. I even fired some 25 yds targets and at least all of the rounds landed on the page! (Pics here: http://users.adelphia.net/~navy87guy/targets.html )

So despite the other good guns in my collection, I think the P99 is going to become my carry piece. I like the size, fit and most of all -- the results! Besides, if it's good enough for James Bond, then it's good enough for me!

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more. About 4-5 years ago I rented this gun and at that time for some reason, I didn't care for the Walther. But after several years of carrying a glock and HK, I formed an opinion of what my ultimate carry gun would be, and it just so happened that the Walther had every one of those attributes. So when my Glock blew up, I took the plunge and bought one, and I never looked back. This is the ultimate pistol in my opinion. Rapid and natural target aquisition. Accurate and smooth firing even during rapid strings. And comfortable as all hell, nothing fits my hand better.

I wonder those years back when I rented one if, for some reason, the grips weren't adjusted for my hand or what. This gun's been out for years, and I really haven't heard much about it. It doesn't fill the pages of you periodical gun rags, and you rarely see them at the ranges. I must become an apostle and spread the "good word".

Carlos

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've come to nearly the same conclusion. If it's a 9mm, I carry the P99. If it's a .45, I carry my Sig P220...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JDog @ Mar. 26 2005,12:14)]Nice shooting. The Steyr shoots very odd, it looks. made a sort of a V shape.
Thanks. The Steyr is a bit different...that trapezoidal sight is going to take some getting used to. My neighbor tried it and he was dead on the first time.

For me, the Walther just shoots easier and more accurately. I need to work on some more strong hand and off hand shooting and some more rapid transitions....but given the way the gun has performed, I don't think they'll be a problem!

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts