Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$42.40 dealer cost, WOW, that is more than the Kahr mags. I just could not believe the price for the mags. I sold my P5 and will not get a HK P7 because of the price of the mags. I have wanted a P99 but cannot decide on the QA or AS trigger system. I'll have to go rent on of each and see what I think.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Having a P5, you should have been used to giving an arm and a leg for mags.:D

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I have yet to pay over $35 per mag...
same goes for the P7 mags.. $40 tops... but damn those mags you can put under a brick and they are still good...plus they have a metal follower... worht $40 IMHO

·
Registered
95 Posts
Midway had them on sale at $30 some time ago. Not too terrible if you can wait for another sale and then stock up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
$42.40 dealer cost, WOW, that is more than the Kahr mags.
Who gave you the info that the price the dealer paid was $42?

Did it go up recently? ...as already mentioned, 2 months ago they were on sale for $30 or so...

But ya, I agree the price of mags (not just Walther, add in HK and others) is ridiculous. There HAS to be at least a 300% markup at the factory level. Sort of how a shaving razor costs you $3, but replacement blades are $4 apiece.

thorn

·
Registered
64 Posts
Watch out for those low price mags at CDNN. I just bought a pair of factory stainless Colt mags in colt packaging for my Colt Officers enhanced 1911. they have turned out to be fakes. I called them on it and they truely believe they are factory Colt mags that they have. If the price is too good to be true, then it probably is.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Shipwreck just posted a couple of days ago about a negative experience with CDNN over P99 mags. I think me paid for new and they sent him used ... you can find his thread and see what he says himself. Don't want to put words in the guys mouth.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The magazines CDNN has are Smith and Wesson SW99 mags. AT less than 20 bucks for .40's, $25 for 9mm's, these are worth the price. They are used, but lightly. They are made by Mec-GAR, same as Walther.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Last I checked, which was withing the past two weeks, the SW99 9mm magazines advertised by CDNN in their current catalog are sold out; only the .40 mags were available. They still have original Walther-marked magazines in 9mm for $38 and change. As in most all things Walther, you pay extra for the name.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
prices for Walther stuff has gone up across the board the last few weeks....
I saw a P99/AS in 9mm the other day for over $700 and also the PPS at Impact is now I think above $580

·
Registered
52 Posts
The mag prices really make no sense. Beretta mags, for example, are made by MecGar as well, yet I can find them brand new for about half of what the Walthers cost. Maybe it's the difference in the volume of manufacture.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts