Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well i have a couple of questions. First off i inherited a Walther .32 auto (ppk) from my grandpa and he said it was my great grandpa's and he got it in WWII.

I have done some research and found out that Crown over N marking Means pre-war. which mine has on the slide right under the ejection port. Mine also has an eagle over N on the hole of the ejection port which is part of the barrel. i am just wondering what that marking means and why it would have both markings.

My next question. I was wondering if anyone could tell me close to the year it was made? once again it has Crown over N marking and Eagle over N. Serial number 378XXX K On the left of the slide it says..

Waffenfebrik Walther Zella-Mehlis (Thur)
Walther Patent Cal 7.65 m/m Mod PPK
It is also black with Brown Plastic Grips if that helps.

Last Question. What is the approximate value? It is in great condition minus the fact some of the blueing is rubbed of the left side but all the markings are still legible. I have the original clip and original side holster which is leather and has the German officers name on the flap of the holster. which is barely legible. Also this pistol fires and is very accurate i love shooting this pistol. Ive seen an online auction with one that looked exactly like mine same markings and everything and it was at $2500. Is that a close estimate? By the way this gun will never be sold and will be passed down to my kids when they are old enough to own a pistol. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks like you have parts from two different guns.
The Eagle/N proofmark on the frame (inside the ejection port opening) and the serial number on the frame both indicate 1942 production. So far so good.
The Crown/N serial number on the slide indicates that it was made and proofed prior to April 1, 1940.
Retract the slide and look at the end of the barrel, right side and you will find another Eagle/N (unless the barrel has been replaced).
So part of your gun was made in approx 1942 and part was made pre 4-1-1940.
Value....Parts gun. Not much value. A few hundred.

Shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Value....Parts gun. Not much value. A few hundred.
What?

It is still a WWII era PPK.
Parts having been "swapped" during the war. (Germany was prohibited from manufacturing after the war.)
Although I suppose Great-Grandpa could have found parts while over there and assembled himself a gun.

Either way, the sentimental price is tremendous.
I would guess that the mismatched parts hurt the true Collectors market but the sale value would be $500 to $600 or so.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Regarding value. I'm sure you can get that price if you find someone who does not realize that he is buying a bunch of parts instead of a complete gun as it came from the factory..
In my opinion it all depends on whether the owner wants to be straight with a prospective buyer.

Reactions: druryj

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I am fascinated by this gun. Some sharper pictures would be really welcome.

(Who am I to talk? I can't take a photo worth a damn.)

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts