Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a nice pre-war Model 2 .22 rifle a few months ago and I'd like to buy a sling for it. Would a replica K98k sling work ok or would it be too long ?

Registered
You looking for the Military look of it, or are you ok with something modern? There is a place right on the other end of town from me. Sarco, Inc. They have just about everything Mauser you could imagine, and a whole lot more. www.sarcoinc.com and hit the Mauser section. I think they have slings in stock. Good leather punch, you could make the holes in the correct places to make it the perfect length for what you want.

I just looked and they have them in stock for $15 plus tax/shipping. Mauser 98K WWII Style Sling These are repros, I don't know how authentic you want, but these look darn good.

They also have a few others to peruse. Hope it helps.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
You looking for the Military look of it, or are you ok with something modern?
Since my rifle was made around 1939-40 I'd like something in age and/or style wise that will match what its original owner might have originally used. Normally my go-to slings are the green canvas repro M1 rifle and M1 carbine ones. Those would look a little out of place on a German rifle so that's why I thought a K98k sling might work. I just don't want to buy one and find out that it's too long. If I can't use it on my Walther I'm unlikely to ever have a real K98 to use it on.

Registered
Fair point. I can sympathize with your sentiment. Website says it is a repro, so like I mentioned. If you attempt to modify it and booger it, at least it wasn't a factory original, and you're only out $15-ish.

If you have time and money to burn, a custom sling maker, Savoy Leather. You can choose style and artwork. Month and a half lead time depending on how intricate you make it. That way you can get exactly what you want. I am building that custom Mauser on a Belgian 98 action and am using Savoy for the sling.

Registered
A lot of military style slings usually have enough adjustment in them to actually go taut and flat with the bottom of the rifle.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Website says it is a repro, so like I mentioned. If you attempt to modify it and booger it, at least it wasn't a factory original, and you're only out $15-ish.
I'm a little slow sometimes. It never occurred to me that I could just shorten or otherwise modify a repro leather sling. Thank you very much !

Registered
With how often I miss little details while skimming through something, I'm no angel. Would like to see a picture of the rig sling or no sling if you have one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts