Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did.  I went to a local gunshow and I really wanted a new .40.  Well, I walked around for a while and then I saw a P99 in .40, but it was a QA.  Well, I figured, since the AS isn't being imported anymore, this is probably the best time to pick up a P99 in .40.  I bought it, and it was a bit pricier than I thought it should be.  $575.00 before taxes.  But I was happy to get a new pistol and happy that it was the Walther because I have just fell in love with these guns.

Well, I was happily buying some more ammo today (for my range trip this weekend) at the Sportsman's Warehouse and I saw they had some new P99s in.  Well, for some reason, I wanted to look at them, even though I already have three at this point.  Well, as luck would have it, there was a .40 P99 in AS.  Well, I had to think about buying it for a long time.  I had just purchased the P99 at the gunshow less than a week ago, and I really had only budgeted one gun purchase for a while.  But it was an AS!!!!!  Of course, I bought it!  And it was only $549.00.  Whoo Hoo!

Now I have four P99s and an empty wallet for a while, but in the end it will be worth it, right?

I now own:
AD coded P99 AS in 9mm
AF coded P99 QA in 9mm (OD Green)
AF coded P99 QA in .40 S&W
AF coded P99 AS in .40 S&W

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This post is throwing a craving on me...I saw used .40 Titanium at a pawn shop for $399. Looks in very good shape. I too have 3 P99's and was wanting either a different gun or different caliber. I ran across some used Sigs in .357 for the same price. Must have been a buy out of some LEO's because the guy had a bunch of them...so what is a fella supposed to do?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I was disappointed to not find an A/S this past weekend at the Reliant gunshow - I only saw 9mms in QA - There was a 40 in A?S, but I wanted a 9mm...

I'm trying to trade my Beretta for one, but have had no luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats MLB78. I have three P99s currently, but would like to have more. I'll just have to start saving my pennies I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts