Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new walther P99c yesterday. I have not had a chance to go shoot it yet but i cant wait. This is my first hand gun. Is there anything I should do to the gun before I shoot it for the first time. I did take it apart and look at it. Also besides cleaning it anything I need to do to keep this gun in good shape
thanks for your help and I am looking forward to being a member at this forum

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
take it appart.... (fieldstrip) clean it..... and use some good lube on the rails.... and the 4 "posts" on the frame..... some lube on the barrelhood and you should be good to go......

there is a good post on cleaning your P99 on this forum somewhere.... sniper350 did a good write up on it....

also there is a few other post regards gunlube ......

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pictures, pictures!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The compact is a great shooter. See the date code as to when it was manufactured. You'll need a good holster. Break-in period is about 500 rds. Only thing you may wish to consider are some night sights. I like the steel better than the plastic. I have Big Dot 24/7 on mine and it is just as accurate as anything else I shoot. Get some extra mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up my P99c AS 9mm yesterday.  Ordered some extra mags on the internet from Earl's in MA too.
Here are a couple of pictures side by side with one of my P22s.  I have also added the Walther fibre optic front sight to all 3 of my Walthers.   Got them from Walther America.
I'm sending in the paperwork for a S&W range bag too.  I wonder if they will honor my Walther paperwork???
http://members6.clubphoto.com/jack413836/4296115/guest.phtml

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (WINGS @ May 05 2006,5:23)]I picked up my P99c AS 9mm yesterday.  Ordered some extra mags on the internet from Earl's in MA too.
Here are a couple of pictures side by side with one of my P22s.  I have also added the Walther fibre optic front sight to all 3 of my Walthers.   Got them from Walther America.
I'm sending in the paperwork for a S&W range bag too.  I wonder if they will honor my Walther paperwork???
http://members6.clubphoto.com/jack413836/4296115/guest.phtml
Let me know how U like the Hi Viz sight after U shoot it the 1st time.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have a Hiviz on one of my P22's and I have mixed feelings. I am not sure whether I like them or not. First time I shot them it was in low light and it didn't do a thing for me. Next few times it was in good light and it was better but I am not sure if I want another. I was thinking about ordering the red fiber optics for Earl when I shoot outside competition. They should show up better against a green woodland backdrop.
So far I am happy with my Meps and they work in all light conditions.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ May 05 2006,11:11)]I have a Hiviz on one of my P22's and I have mixed feelings. I am not sure whether I like  them or not. First time I shot them it was in low light and it didn't do a thing for me. Next few times it was in good light and it was better but I am not sure if I want another. I was thinking about ordering the red fiber optics for Earl when I shoot outside competition. They should show up better against a green woodland backdrop.
So far I am happy with my Meps and they work in all light conditions.
I have seen the red ones on Ebay many times - probably for cheaper than what Earl's sells for.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
WINGS

I so love your blau-grau P22..... I wish I wasn't so darn short on funds I would buy on to match my G22 in blau-grau

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been shooting my P22s with the Hiviz front sight for over a year now and like them.  They are flourescent enough so that a green/woodsy background has no effect on them.  I bet that the red ones are nice too. I would have tried a set but didn't know that they were available.

I'll tell you one thing..........installing that front sight is a bitch.  Even if you have small fingers.  There isn't much room in there and you have to make sure that you keep the washer on the threads.  My trusty Swiss Army knife helped a lot too............!!!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I hear you on what you are saying about the front sight on the P22. This is the reason I am leaving the Hi Viz on the pistol. Too much trouble to take off...I have replaced a couple on my P99's and they are no trouble.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts