Walther Forums banner

I did it...I bought one

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dgallegos 
#1 ·
Yesterday, my wife talked me into buying a new gun. Yes, she actually did. I was going to wait a little while longer but, halfway home, my wife presented some logic that I couldn't argue with so I turned the car around and went back to the store and bought it.

I got a new Walther P99 QA .40 cal handgun.

It is an awesome gun. I took it to the range and broke it in with a couple hundred rounds. It was more accurate "out of the box" then I ever thaought a new gun could be. I put 50 rounds into a 1.5 inch hole at 21 feet.

I had to special order a duty holster for it since it's not a common gun, but once it comes in, my Glocks are going to be left at home.

...and here I thought I would always be a Glock person. Oh well...

#3 ·
Just curious as to what city and state you work in.
I'm trying to get a list of US PD's that authorize the P99.
email if you don't want your info public knowledge.

#4 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ni3Frontier @ Oct. 26 2003,5:47)]I'm curious as to what she said to make you turn the car around?
It's a long story but it involved my firearms purchase planning for the forseeable future. She just had a way of looking at the situation that I never would have thought of. ...and yes, she's a very cool wife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.