Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting forever and procrastinating about sending it back for the recall repair. After seeing the butcher jobs on some guys guns, I swore I would never send it in. But now my wife has shown an interest in it, and I don't want any malfunctions while she is using it. Soooo...it's boxed up with the free FedEx shipping tag S&W sent me and it goes out to S&W tomorrow. I'm just hoping the "butchers of Houlton" have taken an early vacation and someone semi-competent will work on it. Too bad S&W in Mass. doesn't do the repairs. They fixed my 329 Nightguard and did a fantastic job on it. Oh well, I'll report back when it come back and the damage is done.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
After 60+ years of shooting I can count on one hand the number of malfunctions I've had with revolvers.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
"The Butchers of Houlton"

You make it sound like a bad movie about a chainsaw massacre or the women guards in Nazi concentration camps, like "The Sadistic Witches (with a "B") of Ravensburg".

Myself, I have warm and fuzzy feelings about all aspects of pastoral life, so the teatpullers whose second job is at S&W Houlton are not sinister at all; in my mind they ring a sympathetic cowbell.

M

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,
I just sent mine out but in went to walther Arkansas as I was informed that SW in no longer doing the recalls. I spoke with support people at walther directly and they informed their website was incorrect. They have since corrected the website and you will now get FedEx prepay to Arkansas .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just looked at the Walther website all reference to SW is gone and they tell you to call for info.If you have not shipped yet I would call first as if you ship to SW they may refuse and bill you fotvreturn shipping
Jn

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,
I just sent mine out but in went to walther Arkansas as I was informed that SW in no longer doing the recalls. I spoke with support people at walther directly and they informed their website was incorrect. They have since corrected the website and you will now get FedEx prepay to Arkansas .
I contacted S&W back on May 20 and they sent me a Fed Ex slip for Houlton. Did you send your gun in as a recall or just for warranty work?

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked at the Walther website all reference to SW is gone and they tell you to call for info.If you have not shipped yet I would call first as if you ship to SW they may refuse and bill you fotvreturn shipping
Jn
The Walther website is a bad joke. I couldn't find squat there about the recall. S&W still has detailed info on what to do:
Walther PPK PPKS Safety Recall - Smith & Wesson

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Deputy,
I called Walther customer service,as a precaution I spoke to Aaron Maness,ph# 479-646-4210 ext.507. Mr Maness runs the recall and works Dalias Poke ( who was noted in this form). They stated SW was done with the recall as of the May take over,and in error the website had not been updated. You can see now no mention is made about SW any longer,just a ph# to call. I would give Aaron a call he will arrange a call tag for you plus addition paper work you will need he was very friendly and answered all of my questions my PPK is in the recall que now.
Regards,
John

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Deputy,
I called Walther customer service,as a precaution I spoke to Aaron Maness,ph# 479-646-4210 ext.507. Mr Maness runs the recall and works Dalias Poke ( who was noted in this form). They stated SW was done with the recall as of the May take over,and in error the website had not been updated. You can see now no mention is made about SW any longer,just a ph# to call. I would give Aaron a call he will arrange a call tag for you plus addition paper work you will need he was very friendly and answered all of my questions my PPK is in the recall que now.
Regards,
John
Gun is already shipped. I don't know what website you are talking about, but S&W gives detailed instructions on what to do. Did you not go to the link I posted? I trust S&W to send it to wherever it needs to go if they aren't doing the work.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got off the phone with S&W. They ARE still doing RECALL REPAIRS at their location. Umarex/Walther is doing NON-RECALL repairs at the new location. S&W will be doing recall repairs at the S&W location (Houlton) for at least a year. All I can say is WHEW!!! It's bad enough to have the Houlton talking monkeys doing the repairs, I would NOT want Umarex to do ANYTHING to my gun. I'd rather have it back unfixed than have them screw with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Deputy,
I just got off the phone with Aaron at Walther arms they are ready to go with factory trained gun smith and parts so it looks like this might speed up the progress of the recall if both companies are involed.I had very poor service in the past with SW service and this pistol when I first got it and had tech problems with it thats why I waited for Walther to get involved I hope yours goes well and will have to check in when they are back with results
Jn

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think this shows that the division of interest has taken place and the two companies are not comunacting as before. This should be interesting,I will also post results.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting development. Let's hope that it turns out to be the best of both worlds rather that the polar opposite. And Deputy: Do keep us posted as how it goes.
I'll do that Bill. Perhaps you might post the info as a sticky about S&W still doing RECALL REAPIRS on the pocket pistols for at least a year in case anyone was wondering. Also that Umarex is doing non-recall repairs at the new location. I don't think there will be any more recall repairs on the guns S&W made as any recalls other than that hammer drop thing would have shown up by now.
My experience with S&W repairs ON S&W GUNS has been quite good. Fast turnaround and excellent service. But that was for S&W pistols and the repairs were done at the Springfield location.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,
IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED THE HAMMER BLOCK RECALL for the ppk can also be done by Walther/Umarex if you prefer tem over SW.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all,
IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED THE HAMMER BLOCK RECALL for the ppk can also be done by Walther/Umarex if you prefer tem over SW.
True, but S&W gives explicit details for what is required to return the gun and pays both ways for shipping. I don't see anything at the Walther website about recalls for the PPK at all. Just the PK380. Since S&W was the one that built the gun in the first place, and they have more experienced gunsmiths there that have already worked on the problem (and bungled the repairs on many guns), I still think S&W is the place to send it. Note also that if they DO bungle the repair, there IS a chance you can exchange the gun for something else in the S&W line. We already have a member who has done that with a defective Walther.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Dep writes:

"Note also that if they DO bungle the repair, there IS a chance you can exchange the gun for something else in the S&W line."

That's finding the pony in the pile of manure! Maybe your wife would really like a nice five shot "j" frame!

;)

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dep writes:

"Note also that if they DO bungle the repair, there IS a chance you can exchange the gun for something else in the S&W line."

That's finding the pony in the pile of manure! Maybe your wife would really like a nice five shot "j" frame!

;)
Unfortunately, the Model 60 ain't what it used to be. But I think she would definitely like the new M&P Shield. I know I would. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I made one phone call to Walther as a percaution because Walther's website still had SW info for the PPK recall on it.They informed me they would repair the pistol under warranty for me emailed a info sheet and prepaid shipping by fed ex over night to get it there.Dallas Polk also changed,the wesite to read call the phone # for service so my PPK is now in the que for recall reair at Walther who will,altimitly be resonceable for all recall and warranty repair for the PPK line in the future.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts