Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was introduced to Walthers with a PPK/S that I bought new back in 1995, and which I still own. My favorite carry gun is a PPS M2. I held a CCP at my LGS yesterday and I have never, ever felt a pistol that just plain fit me as well as this gun. But, I’m so sad; so very sad that the gun is a known piece of crap. To me, the number one criteria for a defensive pistol is reliability. Reliability’s just an absolute. I wish I could wave a magic wand and the CCP would all of a sudden become a real Walther and become a good pistol. C’mon Walther; you being part of the Umarex family has busted my faith!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I held a CCP at my LGS yesterday and I have never, ever felt a pistol that just plain fit me as well as this gun. But, I’m so sad; so very sad that the gun is a known piece of crap.
It has probably earned that reputation. Just be happy that you knew this before you made a purchase.

All of the "Walther" Umarex products have a terrible reputation. I wouldn't suggest these pistols to anyone, and if someone told me they were interested in one, I'd more than likely steer them towards something else.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mine are not "pieces of crap", so there's that. Haven't had issue one with them. Now CCP M2 is even better, at least for takedown.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, there you have it. When a gun's quality or design gives inconsistent results out there at the user's end and gets a reputation , it keeps a smart, potential buyer from buying it. Sure, one could ignore the 50% risk of ending up with a problematic gun, but most would prefer to buy a gun that they don't have to fart around with fixing, or worrying about later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I partially agree! I have had 3 PK380’s which I have found to be reliable. I still own two and really like these handguns. But on the other hand I also had a CCP that I bought in 2017 and had so many issues with it that I finally sold it and bought another PPS M2. If it helps anybody I had the best luck with 147gr ammo.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
It's clear the OP hasn't put his hand(s) on a PPQc or even a P99c.

Try it...you'll love it (them)!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an early ccp that was sent back for the recall. I love the feel of this gun. If the ppq sc had this grip size and feel I’d get it in a heart beat. That being said with a few thousand rounds through my ccp I personally haven’t had a single hiccup. Typically I use Remington UMC 115 gr. On the other hand my wife can not get through a single mag with out a failure to feed. She is an experienced shooter having a le background and qualifying on multiple 9mm’s. I chalk it up to limp wristing. How else could the same firearm perform so differently between 2 people? I’ve had my buddy shoot a couple hundred rounds and he also had no issues.

I still have issues with the takedown and the frame getting hot.. very hot if you shoot quick and I’m not even talking mag dump quick.

I trust it for myself as carry but not the wife. It’s a shame because the size and feel is, for me, one of the best. I’ve seen the M2 version and don’t care for the glossy ceracoat finish at all. Makes it look cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts