Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I prepare for Hurricane Isaias I just realized that this is the most normal thing I've done here in Florida this year.
While this one isn't too strong, it never hurts to be over prepared rather than under prepared: 30 gallon jugs of water, 2 weeks of MREs (hope not), 1 week "camping" food, 10 gallons high test for generator, jump kit, O2, AED, chargers, books, weapons and ammo, plus new for this year PPE: masks, gloves and sanitizer.

I get to stay home for this one.

·
Premium Member
13,612 Posts
Yep, it looks like Isaias is going to be like a west Texas dust storm, without the dust.

Be safe.....................

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with those in the path of the storm.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Wishing you luck. Up here in PA we’re hoping for the rain.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am amazed at how many of those News Folks cannot pronounce the Name of the Storm properly. It is I - sai -ias Must be an Arab Word. No one is saying it right! Paul

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "I" is pronounced with a hard E. It is "ees-ah-EE-ahs" :

Past that, this one seems to be mostly a wind event with the majority of the rain staying in the north east quadrant of the storm. The hurricane decreased to tropical storm force last night and hasn't regained strength. Folks on the Treasure Coast could still lose power (many have) but there seems to be only minor flooding and no storm surge.
This is the training exercise.

·
Registered
835 Posts
After Florence, that stayed over the Wilmington area for four days I looked for better information.
Still use the national hurricane center.
And
these web sources.

Cyclocane.com. Shows up to date computer models.

weatherstreet.com
tropical tidbits.com

Both provide 10 day hurricane model forcast.

windy.com
Shows surface wind flow field for locations on the msp.
When first launched it shows the earth surface. Data update to about 1 he or less.
Expand or zoom in to a city near you. Then click. A forcast for each day for at least the next week will pop up.
Give steady and gust wind speed and location of the eye for each forecast day and time.

I do not have to watch the weather channel reporters standing in front of some wind or wave. All giddy about a hurricane.

Local forecasters talk in general terms and race through the actual local portion of their segment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts